College of Alameda
College of Alameda's mission is to meet the educational needs of
its multicultural and diverse community by providing excellent
comprehensive and flexible programs including basic skills,
transfer, and occupational, which will enable each student to
achieve his/her own unique goals.
The College is California's only island-based community college
and it offers both park-like tranquility and easy access to urban
resources. Having served almost half a million day, evening and
weekend students since its 1970 founding, College of Alameda enjoys
a well-deserved reputation for excellence in its academic,
vocational, and student support programs. The College of Alameda is
proud of its strong ties to the City of Alameda and is recognized
for its strong partnerships with the local business community.
Job Title Temporary, Part-Time Instructor (Automotive Technology
Instructor) Time Base Temporary, as Needed Compensation Ranges from
$43.81 - $92.55/hour. Salary placement based on education,
experience and other provisions outlined in the District's
agreement with the Peralta Federation of Teachers. Benefits
The Peralta Community College District offers a number of
voluntary fringe benefits to temporary, part-time faculty,
including the ability to subscribe for medical and dental insurance
in the District's group coverage program and sick leave under
Position Type Academic Department Business Transportation (252)
Job Description Summary
Teaches a variety of courses in the Automotive Technology
Department, in all areas of automotive repair and technology, with
emphasis on automotive electrical and electronic systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Peralta Community College District invites applications for
our Temporary, Part-Time Faculty pool in the following
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or
university AND two (2) years of experience in Automotive
- Possession of an Associate Degree from an accredited college
AND six (6) years of experience in Automotive Technology;
- May submit a fully satisfied lifetime California Community
College Instructor Credential authorizing service to teach courses
in Automotive Technology.
(California credentials were no longer issued after July 1,
Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students.
Previous teaching experience in Automotive Technology,
particularly at college level.
Experience developing courses and curriculum at a college
Possession of ASE Certifications A1 through A8 (ASE Master
Certification) and ASE L1 certification.
- Possession of California State Smog certification, Lamp and
Brake Licenses and Clean Air Car instructor certification.
Environmental Demands Other Requirements
The minimum qualifications for academic disciplines taught in
California Community Colleges are outlined in the document at this
For non-Master's degree disciplines, please note that the
District requires two years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
and six years of experience with an Associate's degree.
Tools & Equipment Used Application Deadline Date Ongoing Open
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about the position?
- Asian Week
- California Community College Chancellor's Office website
- Career Builder
- Chronicle of Higher Education website
- Chronicle of Higher Education newspaper
- Community College Times
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Job Fair, Conference or Workshop
- Local Newspaper (Oakland Tribune, SF Chronicle, ect)
- Peralta Jobs Website
- Walk-In (PCCD Office of Human Resources)
- Women in Higher Education
- Word of Mouth
- 24-Hour Job Line
- If you chose "Other" as your answer for the above question,
please provide details
(Open Ended Question)
- Employment Verification Letters
- List of References
- Other Document
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Training/Certification Document