Electrical Craft Trainer
Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Helix Electric was founded in 1985 and is now one of the
nation's largest and most successful electrical contracting
companies. Our commitment to empowering people and powering
projects is realized by our exceptional team of dedicated and
highly skilled experts working together and never settling for good
enough. We are proud of the team-oriented and employee-empowered
business approach that defines our unique character.
Our electrical Craft Trainer is responsible for designing and
delivering craft training programs to drive employee development
within their region.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Works with general superintendent(s), regional training
specialists, and regional managers to identify craft training needs
in support of business initiatives. This includes operational,
craft, and field management/leadership training development
- Collaborates with corporate training and development department
to create high-quality training curricula and course materials (to
include participant manuals, leader guides, presentations,
assessments, and group/individual learning exercises/activities) to
support regional training needs.
- Conducts the overall activities involved in the delivery and
assessment of regional training courses to include craft training,
safety, training, and new employee on-boarding training. Works
collaboratively with the corporate training and development
department to create and deploy professional and management
training and development programs. Assures the use of appropriate
adult-learning theory for training and development programs.
- Works with key stakeholders and the corporate training and
development department to identify and implement measures of
success for training and evaluates short-and long-term
effectiveness of training programs.
- Oversees daily management of regional training facility/ies,
training equipment, and training materials.
- Serves as a training instructor and trains other instructors
and SME's to deliver course content in the classroom or other
- Manages annual regional training budget established to support
catering fees, material fees, and equipment costs for regional
- Tracks and prepares monthly reports on regional course and
program evaluations, program effectiveness, training metrics, and
training budget/forecast to actual results.
- Performs QA/QC Audits of work and personnel at jobsites.
- Performs ad hoc training as necessary in order to improve
performance and/or correct the performance of work processes.
- Bachelors degree or field management experience
- 3+ years of experience in formal education and or experience as
an electrical instructor required.
- 5+ years of experience installing electrical systems in
commercial, industrial, residential and institutional markets.
- Must be comfortable in a public speaking role delivering
training content to your learners.
- Dedication to learning, expanding knowledge and continuous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Problem-solving, acceptance of responsibility, and work
- Motivation to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Must successfully pass a background/drug screen.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy
to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled
Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse
employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is
committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects
the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Helix Electric, Oakland , Electrical Craft Trainer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!