Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to
cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll
transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the
completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the
production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those
records. Other responsibilities include performing account
analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting
statements and reports, and coordination and management of account
reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting
matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and
divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to
ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Findings and recommendations are presented to senior
- Record entries to and perform reconciliation of various
routine and some complex accounts.
- Prepare various investment schedules and financial reports
including balance sheets, income statements, etc. and produce
reports for management or outside parties.
- Review financial reports for accuracy.
- Provide analysis of various routine and some complex
- Perform financial analysis and translate data into a
- Recommend methods and procedures to improve specific
task-related activities and the functioning of the accounting
- Provide support for internal and external audits, and Third
Party Administrator's (TPA) data, and back-up support for creation
of regulatory financials.
- Investigate issues and complete special projects as
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated experience performing
detailed accounting functions including preparation of supporting
schedules, journal entries, financial statements and account
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of
experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills
required, database (Access) skills a plus.
LOCATION: Oakland, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.