Supervisory Tax Analyst *MSP* *Temporary NTE 1 Year, MBE,MBP*
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Posted on: June 6, 2021
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment
Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file
upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides
high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact
and communicate electronically to file their returns and make
See "Other Information" for Locations.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A FRONTLINE MANAGER DO? As a Front Line Manager, first
level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing,
and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your
leadership skills and management techniques for planning,
scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying
out the training and development of employees, evaluating
employees' work performance, and in performing all other related
administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work
operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex
clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The
functions, activities, and services provided may have limited
geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency
As a FrontLine Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts
short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective
consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments,
and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes
recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and
- Interview candidates for positions within the
organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or
reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group
grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and
reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees,
providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to
increase the quality of the work directed.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want
to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Current IRS Employee on Career or Career Conditional
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONTLINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of
specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility
equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade
in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be
qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories,
principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum
utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the
accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical
and administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, other official
guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and
techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and
implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the
position being filled;
- Knowledge of basic budget management principles and practices
(i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); and
- Knowledge of communicative techniques to effectively and
diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector,
private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers
to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate
dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours
worked per week, on your resume.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Oakland , Supervisory Tax Analyst *MSP* *Temporary NTE 1 Year, MBE,MBP*, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!