Clinician - School Based Program
Company: Lincoln Child Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Clinician - Elementary School Positions
PROGRAM: HOPE Program Alameda County
Cover Letter and Resume Required.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor the Clinician
provides direct clinical services and after-care to children in
treatment, and their families; participates in intake assessments;
and provides clinical direction to the treatment team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in intake process.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records/documents within
assigned time frames.
- Complete outcome measurements within specified time lines.
- Assess psychotherapeutic and case management needs of children
and families and develop a treatment plan agreed on by the
parent(s), placement agency and treatment team.
- Provide crisis intervention to children and families in
collaboration with the treatment team.
- Develop agreed upon discharge plan and assess continuing care
needs in collaboration with the Clinical Manager, parent(s),
placement agency, and treatment team.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment plans.
- Provide consultation to milieu team and special education staff
as needed in SBDT.
- Provide consultation to regular education and administrative
staff as needed in HOPE Programs.
- Participate in planning and implementation of six-week summer
- Involve the child and family members in the treatment plan and
- Provide individual, group and family therapy as assigned.
- Collaborate with other involved agencies.
- Develop and monitor working treatment goals and objectives with
- Meet agency expectations regarding levels of direct
- Meet required deadlines for documentation.
- Provide supervision and/or consultation to assigned student
interns and volunteers.
- Participate in treatment reviews, IEPs and other case
conferences as needed.
- Participate in weekly supervision, individual and group, as
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- M.S.W. or M.A./M.S. in relevant field, from an accredited
graduate school program.
- Possesses current license, is registered in internship toward
licensure, or is license eligible.
- Demonstrates potential to complete appropriate credentialing
- Two years of experience in providing direct clinical services
to children with emotional/learning problems and their
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of
inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical
consultation to assigned staff.
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in
dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client
- The willingness and the ability to be trained, using our
therapeutic and relationship-building philosophy that includes
Collaborative Problem-Solving, Life Space Crisis Intervention
(LSCI), and SAFE Environments training programs.
- Physical fitness with the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, drop
to one knee and get back up.
- Physical ability to work on a keyboard to prepare reports and
to enter data.
- Valid California drivers license, with a clear driving record
and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal
Cover Letter and Resume Required.
Keywords: Lincoln Child Center, Oakland , Clinician - School Based Program, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!