Adjunct Instructor-Physical Therapy Program (Oakland Campus)
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
An adjunct faculty is a temporary faculty member in an academic
department who is responsible for guiding the learning of students
in classrooms and/or clinical settings. This faculty member is
assigned to teach the courses for which they are qualified by
education, certification and professional experience. Instructional
duties include planning courses and curricula, didactic and
clinical teaching and evaluating courses. Related duties include
academic advising of students, supervision of independent study
projects, maintaining weekly office hours, attending meetings,
serving on committees and participation in special University
Education and/or Experience:
- Doctoral degree preferred. A master's entry-level degree can
suffice with American Board of Physical Therapy Specialities
certification and/or completion of a post-graduate residency or
- Two years of full time teaching experience in specialty area
with entry-level students or licensed practitioners preferred.
- Prior teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree
program required for masters prepared faculty and strongly
preferred for doctorally prepared faculty at this rank.
- Clinical expertise in the clinical specialty area of teaching
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to calculates exam scores and grades.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current licensure as a physical therapist in California is
- Other specialized certification or license may be required
depending on the nature of the instructional assignment.
Physical Effort Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to travel/move around, sit, handle, feel and
- Clinical instruction positions require the employee to move
with students around a clinical nursing unit which caring for
- The employee must be able to express or exchange ideas and
comprehend detailed information through communication.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity,
equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive
campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an
educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Keywords: Sutter Health, Oakland , Adjunct Instructor-Physical Therapy Program (Oakland Campus), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!