THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION, NOT TO EXCEED (NTE) 1 YEAR IN
DURATION. At the end of one (1) year, you may be returned to your
previous position and grade. This temporary position may be ended
at any time before one year is completed at management's
discretion. This position may also be extended or made
Learn more about this agency
The Rating Quality Review Specialist is responsible for
performing quality reviews for individual DRO's and RVSR's in
accordance with an established monthly schedule. The incumbent
performs the following duties:
Specific duties include:
- Conducts review of staff authorization quality in order to
establish benchmarks for consideration of individual performance
- Prepares documentation to support unfavorable finding in order
to provide justification for error decisions and indicate required
- Provides feedback to relay the rationale and provide
appropriate citation to support identified discrepancy.
- Employs various training techniques to provide authoritative,
consultant and troubleshooting.
- Conducts statistical analysis of quality reviews to identify
trends, significant problem areas and processes requiring
- Relays quality trend information with management on an ongoing
basis for use in operations, decision making and planning.
Promotion Potential: This position is being announced at the
full performance level. There is no known promotion potential. This
is temporary promotion not to exceed 1 year in duration.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Decision Review Officer (RQRS);
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this
0930 Hearings And Appeals
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- This is a temporary position not to exceed 1 year in
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all
requirements by the closing date of this
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT: Applicants who are current Federal
employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks
must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
- For a GS-13 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-12
The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been
held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade
eligibility must be submitted with your application materials.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: You may qualify based on your
experience as described below:
GS-13 Grade Level:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized
experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-12 in the
normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Specialized Experience is defined as work that involves functioning
in either a capacity performing training, analyst or information
systems duties pertaining to a claim's management process. The
experience should be substantive and relevant and may have been
gained in the federal, military, or private sector. Examples
include but are not limited to:
- Conducting focused evaluations and reviews to determine rating
quality and accuracy;
- Providing advisory services to management via preparation and
presentation of quality trend information;
- Developing training strategies and materials to address
deficiencies and/or conducting training activities;
- Analyzing performance deficiencies and quality trends to
identify knowledge/skill gaps;
- Providing quality-review services, feedback, and guidance to
staff in order to correct unsatisfactory performance.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual;
community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable
training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
Full vs. Part-Time Employment: Full-time employment is
considered to be at least 35 hours per week. Part-time experience
will be credited on a pro-rated basis; when including part-time
employment in your resume you must specify the average hours worked
Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary, however,
their may be some walking, standing, pushing, pulling and carrying
of light items.
For more information on these qualification standards, please
visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at
There is no educational substitution at this grade level.