Posted on: June 6, 2021
Everlaw is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly
growing Accounting team. As a Senior Accountant at Everlaw, you
will shape and develop our fixed assets, procure-to-pay, and
intercompany processes to help scale an organization that is doing
meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our
users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating
truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we're
committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering
an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins
with managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place
that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to
learn, we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the
skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the
'perfect' candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can
bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland,
In the first few months, you will
- Perform monthly and annual close tasks, including but not
limited to - balance sheet reconciliations, expense allocations,
and overall flux analysis.
- Own the fixed asset accounting process, including fixed asset
register maintenance, ensuring proper recording of purchases and
disposals, and maintaining depreciation and amortization schedules
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure
completeness and accuracy of accruals and contingent
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we
don't expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to
develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects
Going forward, you will
- Own initiatives to improve processes and optimize efficiencies
in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or
streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks
- Develop our international entities to help establish a transfer
pricing process, record intercompany transactions, and analyze
- Be responsible for implementing company-wide internal control
compliance, leading to improved processes and safeguarding company
- Support annual financial statements and statutory audits.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- You have at least four years of progressive experience in
private and/or public accounting.
- You have an active CPA license or actively working towards
- You are fluent in US GAAP Accounting with deep knowledge of
SAAS revenue accounting.
- You love learning new things and believe that anything can be
accomplished through dedication and hard work.
- You have a positive mindset and truly believe that obstacles
are simply opportunities in disguise.
- You excel at organizing information to put yourself in the best
position to weigh alternatives and choose the best course of action
to solve problems and improve processes.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- You have expert-level experience in Google Sheets and/or
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle,
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents
(including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental
health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest
Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift
through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and
investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the
haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space
typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming
at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's
working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of
terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and
hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases
If you're looking for an open, democratic company culture that
values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Senior Accountant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!