Business Process Analyst, Consultant
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Standards and Governance, the
role of the Business Process Analyst is critical to the success of
Blue Shield of California and the Business Process Management
department in realizing its goals and objectives. This individual
will play a key role as part of the Enterprise Transformation team
in delivering and collaborating on all aspects of delivering value
for strategic projects, support the establishment and enforcement
of standards and governance, and enterprise transformation. This
candidate will work with our strategic project team to help deliver
value in the ideation process.
- Supporting delivery and execution of projects in support of end
to end process transformation, growth, cost reduction or quality
- Working cross-functionally with process owners and business
SMEs to analyze, design and develop business solutions.
- Coaching and leading transformation teams through rapid
improvement events, using A3 thinking and methodologies.
- Applying Lean and Agile principles to everyday work, and
supporting the transformation of Blue Shield into a lean and agile
- Leading teams in problem solving efforts. Facilitating team
events where people collaborate and ideate on solutions.
- Conducting data analysis to reveal process improvement
opportunities and root causes. Review and summarization of data for
- Building relationships with internal clients and stakeholders.
Build partnerships that effectively take on complex issues for
respective value streams and functions.
- Creating and communicating status reporting that reveals
successes, risks, and health of improvement efforts.
- Developing as-is and to-be process maps with process mapping
tools (i.e. Visio, ProVision, etc.).
- Developing and presenting materials to various levels of senior
management, escalating risks and partnering with appropriate teams
to remove obstacles.
- Developing and executing on implementation plans, and tracking
actual results against forecasted results.
- Work with ambiguity and willingness to fail fast.
- Lives Blue Shield of California's Mission, Vision and
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree
- Advanced Business Process expert who is highly skilled in
business process management, project management, strategic thinking
and change leadership
- Requires a Green Belt designation from either Six Sigma or LEAN
with work towards a Black belt
- 5 years' experience leading BPM/continuous improvement
activities from ideation through execution
- Proficiency in driving cross functional projects
- Excellent coaching, interpersonal, and verbal/written
- Superior math, analytical and problem-solving skills and use of
analytical tools (e.g. MiniTab, Excel graphs) ability to provide
coaching and mentoring on the use of analytical tools
- Requires mastery level knowledge of process improvement
typically obtained through advanced education combined with
- May have deep knowledge of project management
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience
and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule
in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
- Requisition ID: 21001OJ
- Posting Date: May 11, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Business Process Analyst, Consultant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!