Financial Operations Specialist
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Everlaw is looking for a Financial Operations Specialist to join
our rapidly growing Finance team. As a member of Financial
Operations, you'll be responsible for processing Everlaw's account
receivables. You'll participate in month-end close, look for
opportunities to make the order to cash process more efficient, and
support other finance initiatives. Reporting to our Controller,
you'll have a great opportunity to own Everlaw's internal
Collections process, showcase your problem-solving abilities, and
amaze everyone with your attention to detail while supporting
Everlaw's meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and
helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating
truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we're
committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering
an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins
with managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place
that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to
learn, we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the
skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the
'perfect' candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can
bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located onsite in
In the first few months, you will
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and
transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Handle all billing inquiries and invoice questions/issues
through appropriate communication channels.
- Collect on outstanding invoices and help resolve bad debt.
- Update figures related to AR Aging for management.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we
don't expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to
develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects
In the first year, you will
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to make improvements and
streamline the existing Collections process.
- Coordinate with Sales and Account Executives, validating data
integrity within our CRM system and contracts.
- Become a subject matter expert on revenue recognition and how
it relates to the AR sub-ledger.
- Generate monthly billing statements along with reconciling the
final sales at the end of each month.
- Assist in verifying accuracy of billings by reconciling against
executed contracts on a monthly basis.
- Support Finance with AdHoc requests, such as assisting with
external auditors or any system implementations.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or
equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 3 years of progressive accounts receivable
- You have basic knowledge of US GAAP.
- You are accurate and timely when it comes to accounting data
entry, paying close attention to detail.
- You are a clear and friendly communicator, confident providing
customer service to colleagues and external vendors. You enjoy
collaborating with your teammates to accomplish goals.
- You flourish working in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing
and completing tasks to meet tight deadlines (ie. month end
- You have international experience working for a U.S.
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle,
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest
Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift
through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and
investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the
haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space
typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming
at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's
working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of
terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and
hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases
If you're looking for an open, democratic company culture that
values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Financial Operations Specialist, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!