Business Analyst, Associate
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Business Process Analyst - Plans, performs and implements process
improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). Diagrams and
evaluates existing processes. Organizes leads and facilitates
cross-functional project teams. Develops metrics that provide data
for process measurement, identifying indicators for future
improvement opportunities. Collects data to identify root cause of
problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns
improvement to performance shortfalls. Provides consultation on the
use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and
product quality. May deliver presentations and training courses
including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys
and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. May
communicate team progress. Performs cost and benefit analyses.
* Supports definition of process measures and measurement. Analyzes
gaps in data needs.
* Execute basic process tools, including processes mapping using
standard tools (i.e. Provision).
* Support Green belts and delivery in documenting and presenting
BPM deliverables in standardized format.
* Maintains online repository of materials in a standardized format
for consumption across the enterprise.
* Coordinate project events and activities. Schedules SME
engagements (i.e. interviews, sessions, etc).
* May be responsible for BPM functional duties such as reporting
and SharePoint administration.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
* Requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related
experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent
* Requires practical knowledge of process execution, typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* Basic knowledge of automated systems in a production or
* Working knowledge of PCs and related software applications.
* Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
* Good writing and presentation skills.
* Good math, analytical and problem-solving skills and use of
analytical tools (e.g. MiniTab, Excel graphs).
* Basic project management skills.
* Works independently on moderately complex projects/assignments
and seeks guidance on projects/assignments of higher
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in
Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
* Requisition ID: 210019Y
* Posting Date: May 13, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Business Analyst, Associate, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!