Lead Packager, Weekend Days
Company: Mettler Toledo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Mettler Toledo Rainin is currently hiring a Lead Packager to
work jointly with packaging personnel. Supervises the processes of
equipment set-up, routine maintenance, involved with
troubleshooting mechanical issues and oversees the daily production
requirements. Provides direction and leadership to the packaging
staff under the guidance of the Packaging Supervisor. Maintains
proper focus for the department's productivity and quality
The hours for this part-time position are 6:45 am to 7:15
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the shift Supervisor with leadership responsibilities
- Supporting with overseeing overtime hours as required.
- Administering corrective actions on all procedural and quality
- Monitoring and adjusting work flow to meet production
- Performing daily quality audits throughout the workstations in
- Being responsible for the overall cleanliness of the production
areas, products, and equipment.
- Sharing all significant information to the oncoming shift
personnel, reporting any problem areas, working cooperatively with
team members within Packaging or other departments.
- Lifting and moving 25 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds a
few times per shift; standing, squatting, climbing ladders,
twisting, bending, and reaching.
- Using personal protective equipment every shift including, a
lab coat, goggles, a facemask, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Work is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled,
What You Need to Succeed
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent people skills
- Expertise in packaging operations such as following written
documentation and instructions, using various fixtures and
equipment, operating semi- and fully-automatic equipment to get the
- A commitment to company safety policies to keep yourself, your
coworkers, and the workplace operating effectively and safely.
- Experience working in an active production environment is
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent amount of related
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings
plan with company matching - all starting on date of hire.
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program,
parental leave benefits as well as perks and discounts.
- All the benefits you would expect from a global leader such as
paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability,
basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee
Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits.
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision,
quality, and innovation.
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards.
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in
important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's
laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We
manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure,
and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced,
packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for
scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and
consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers,
Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We give consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please click here
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any
and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely
where you belong.
Job Reference #
Keywords: Mettler Toledo, Oakland , Lead Packager, Weekend Days, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!