Data Engineer, Consultant
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Data Engineer (Consultant) will be an integral member of the
Data Engineer Team. This is a hands-on role which will be
responsible for design, development, and implementation of
cutting-edge sophisticated data integration, data warehouse and
data mart (ELT/ETL) solutions using Netezza, Oracle, Informatica,
and Denodo. An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the
data warehouse architecture, capabilities, system setup, data
integration, data modeling concepts.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support
development operations, implementation, design, delivery and
support of large enterprise data warehouse/BI environments,
incident resolution, build reusable automation procedures and
frameworks. This position requires strong collaboration with
solution leads, data modelers, analysts, business partners and
other developers to understand business requirements and provide
appropriate data integration solutions in alignment with solution
- 10+ years of proven hands-on experience in data integration,
data warehouse, BI solution design, development, and
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least one relational data
source such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data warehouse MPP
applications such Netezza, Teradata etc.
- Experience working in a cloud environment - AWS, Azure or GCP,
related cloud specific flavor of big data/Hadoop/MPP platforms and
other technology components.
- Experience with AI-ML tools like RapidMiner, Databricks or
- Experience with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra or
- Hands-on experience in Python coding and familiarity with
Python libraries used in data engineering and machine learning like
Pandas, NumPy etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data Integration, Data
Quality and Data Virtualization tools like Informatica PowerCenter,
Informatica Data Quality and Golden Gate Replication.
- Proven expertise in writing efficient advanced and analytical
SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Hands-on experience with source version control, continuous
integration, and experience with release/change management delivery
- Extensive experience in triaging data issues, analyzing end to
end data pipelines and in working with business users in resolving
- Prior experience in leading a technical team, providing
technical direction and mentoring junior data integration
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert grasp of data warehouse design techniques including
slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing
- Excellent communications and client interfacing skills as with
an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Prior experience in healthcare Payor/provider space.
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document
custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these
items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring
rapid availability of the product.
- Work closely with Operations Production Support team in
resolving escalated high priority incidents and the development
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule
in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
- Requisition ID: 21001LY
- Posting Date: Apr 23, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Data Engineer, Consultant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!