Application Security Engineer (Remote, US)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Vivun is the world's first AI-powered platform for PreSales,
unleashing their strategic potential and creating a seamless
interlock between sales and product. Vivun helps PreSales leaders
achieve operational excellence by equipping them with the metrics
they need as the result of individual contributors having a single
place to manage their work. Using Hero by Vivun, organizations
increase forecast accuracy by leveraging the technical conscience
of every deal, find revenue by reviving dormant opportunities, and
deliver winning products by tapping into the collective insights
from the field. Vivun works with startups like Harness and
Fivetran, growth companies like Seismic and Okta and global
enterprises like Autodesk and Dell.
The Application Security Engineer position is a hands-on
engineering role for someone who enjoys working across technical
teams and with other amazing talent in a success-oriented, fast
paced, and exciting environment. The Application Security Engineer
will provide expert technical guidance and hands-on validation of
secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of
systems supporting Vivun's products and services.
- Collaborate with engineers and leadership to address security
risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the Secure
Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform security architecture and design reviews of all systems
- Perform validation of security controls to insure adherence
with compliance and industry best practices.
- Perform hands on security testing of products and services to
proactively discover risk and track them to resolution.
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments, code reviews
and penetration tests against web/mobile application technologies,
services, platforms and languages to find flaws and exploits (e.g.
SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery,
Clickjacking, Authentication/Authorization, Privilege Escalation,
Business Logic Bypass, OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25 etc)
- Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to
professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate
level of judgment as it pertains to security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Security/Cyber Security or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
- Experience with securing containers, database, and application
- Experience with Vulnerability discovery and Penetration
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation
- Hacker mindset and always strives to think like an attacker.
Ability to craft custom exploits for proof-of-concept code.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services and Cloud technologies.
- Technical certifications within information security are a plus
(CISSP, CCSP, GIAC or equivalents).
- A believer in Vivun's core values: Don't be greedy. Do the
right thing. We, not me. Transparency. Be different.
- Experienced working in high growth startup environments: You
have the ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic
startup environment where you derive priorities, requirements, and
goals from company context.
- Collaborative: You are ready to roll up your sleeves and create
strategies that work across roles and departments to achieve
- A Clear Communicator: You effectively and positively present
your informed opinions on strategy clearly to multiple teams and
areas of expertise. You come with a solid rationale behind every
decision you make, you understand the importance of listening as
part of communication.
What You Will Have At Vivun:
- Competitive salary and full health benefits
- Stock Options at a well funded, pre-IPO company on a fast
- Flexible work schedules and work from anywhere at a fully
- Unlimited PTO with two weeks designated as "quiet period" each
- An experienced team who will fight beside you in the trenches
to accomplish your goals
Keywords: Vivun, Oakland , Application Security Engineer (Remote, US), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!