Chief Administrative Officer
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Alameda Health System is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer
(CAO) for Alameda & San Leandro Hospitals. In this role, you will
manage the day-to-day facility administrative and financial
services for these two campuses. You will lead and manage the
following functions for Alameda & San Leandro Hospitals:
- Ambassador to community - builds goodwill and notoriety of
hospital in community
- Strategic planning - develops and executes the strategic plan
for the site
- Day to day operations - responsible for the executing on the
day-to-day operations at the site and working with leaders in a
- Quality, Safety, Service - assures that quality, safety, and
service to our patients at the site is best practice and develops
site scorecard to benchmark against others.
- Employee engagement - engages staff in activities at the site
and creates high employee engagement scores at site.
- Partners in a very collaborative manner with nurse and
physician site leaders.
- Financial viability - understands the site finances and works
to assure a positive bottom line.
- Develops, maintains and manages facility budgets and costs
through the responsible use of planning and control systems which
includes taking into consideration forecast levels of operations,
cost-effective utilization of resources and realistic financial
variances; directs the preparation of budgets and fund allocations
based on cost studies; consults with department heads in the
formulation of annual and/or long-term plans, goals and objectives
for submission to the governing authority.
- Directs and coordinates via a matrixes' environment the
activities of several facility departments and divisions; develops
operating policies and plans new program involving delivery of new
or modified services to comply with improved methods of operation
and to keep abreast of changing requirements.
- Interprets policies, objectives and operational procedures to
department heads; resolves issues with facility department heads
concerning such matters as staffing, HR services and utilization of
facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the medical and
professional staff of AHS facilities by collaborating on
administrative activities and policy matters of mutual concern;
works in partnership with the medical staff to accomplish the
mission of AHS and its freestanding and facility-based
- Maintains quality patient care services by planning and
developing programs to ensure compliance with established county,
state and federally mandated policies and procedures, including
licensing and accreditation programs.
- Maintains the facility's physical resources by planning,
maintaining and providing necessary equipment and safe, secure,
clean facilities for consumers of health care services; recommends
improvement of facility-based and freestanding health centers and
facilities, including construction or renovation of structures and
purchase of new equipment; responsible for strategic, program,
facility, financial and operational planning.
- Manages and coordinates the development and maintenance of the
annual budgets, including justification of personnel, space
allocation, and maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Meets with members of the community, other County, State or
Federal officials on matters of mutual concern and promotes a
better understanding of facility and clinic programs and assists in
meeting community needs; provides educational opportunities to
patients, community groups, facility employees and professional
staff that promote facility and clinic goals.
- Monitors performance and effectiveness of subordinate
functional areas; directs the preparation of statistical reports
required by the COO, federal, state and county agencies and/or
licensing and accrediting agencies and associations; supervises
business affairs to ensure that funds are collected, protected and
negotiates contractual agreements for physicians' services,
consultant services and other services as required.
- Oversees the full compliance with applicable standards for the
licensure and accreditation of the assigned facility.
- Oversees the proper administrative control and procedures in
such areas as inventory, equipment, requisitioning and storage of
supplies; effective utilization of existing resources and forms
- Provides effective leadership and people management to ensure a
competent and productive labor force; selects, assigns, directs and
evaluates the performance of subordinate administrative staff and
department heads; supervises, manages and instructs managers of
clinical and non-medical sections; selects, trains and supervises
subordinate Clinic and Facility Directors; recruits and interviews
professional staff for ambulatory clinics and reviews/manages
staffing for professional services at ambulatory sites; provides
annual reviews of direct reports and physician professional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Master's degree in healthcare or business
(MHA, MBA, MPH)
Required Experience: At least 10 years' experience in Acute Care
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Chief Administrative Officer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!