Senior Product Counsel
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As Senior Product Counsel at Everlaw, you'll join a dynamic
legal team working on a variety of legal issues across the entire
company. You'll report directly to the General Counsel and will
bring our product to the global market, and must understand the
business goals, objectives, timing and process, all while
cross-functionally working with other teams to deliver on these
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating
truth. Our company culture is open and democratic. We're committed
to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual
Learning and Development stipend and regular check-ins with
managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place that
values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn,
we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the skills
and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the "perfect"
candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring
value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland,
In the first few months, you will
- Work to become a product expert, and advise on a range of
compliance issues, regulations, and industry standards with a focus
on intellectual property, marketing, privacy, and security.
- Advise the team working to advance and expand our
product-related certifications, including FedRAMP, SOC 2, and ISO
- Provide full product lifecycle counseling for global products,
ensuring product compliance with applicable U.S. and international
laws and regulations.
- Build and implement transparent, scalable, and effective
processes, relating to data mapping, data governance, and
In the first year, you will
- Enhance the intellectual property strategy, enabling the
company to become a recognized name and service in the e-discovery
- Create a process for iterative collaboration with product and
engineering teams to develop new features.
- Collaborate with other teams, proactively solving problems for
the company as it plans and executes on global growth plans.
- Improve, maintain, and scale existing processes, relating to
the company's core infrastructure and the incident response
- Lead complex and global cross-functional team efforts,
effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders, other legal
and business teams (Business Development, Sales, Product,
Engineering, and Compliance) related to new and existing products
and features throughout the entire product development
- You have at least 10 years of combined, relevant experience in
law firms serving as outside counsel to enterprise companies and/or
in-house legal departments at enterprise companies.
- You have familiarity with launching products and features and
advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development
in the technology space, while simultaneously managing deliverables
with time-sensitive deadlines.
- You are highly motivated; entrepreneurial; excellent
communication, interpersonal, and issue resolution abilities; and
an eagerness to work in a cross-functional role with the entire
- You are fluent in translating legal advice into actionable
guidance for internal teams.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
and an ability to clearly and simply explain complex ideas.
- You have a JD, and are an active member of a state bar, and in
- You have authorization to work in the United States; please
note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest
Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift
through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and
investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the
haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space
typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming
at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's
working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of
terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and
hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases
If you're looking for an open, democratic company culture that
values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Senior Product Counsel, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!