Sr. SDET, Web Applications
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row,
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps
and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform,
open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for
companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment
operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who
take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power
possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent
together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards
creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans
and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we
serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone
Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality
First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single
candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please
apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your
career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a
one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful
career experiences through challenging work, collaborative
partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who
understands releasing great software is not just about reactive
testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta,
you'll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our web
applications and API releases. You'll be solving big quality
challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the
art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of
quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of
the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on
technical career. This isn't just about "Quality Assurance"; we
want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve
our quality efforts on the whole.
- Write and execute automation testing for web applications and
supporting API services as well as maintain existing automated
tests and tools.
- Build and support testing platforms, pipelines and standards
that will impact web application testing across the company.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test
scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with
software engineers, designers, and product managers to release
revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with
automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming applications into more scalable and
resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn
- Follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software
- Experience working with large-scale test automation
- Experience with automation and performance testing for web
applications and APIs.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools
such as Gatling, LoadRunner, Artillery, etc.
- Bonus points for experience in testing React.js and
- Bonus points for experience with browser based e2e testing
tools like Cypress
- Bonus points for experience with JS testing tools like Jest,
Mocha, Jasmine, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical,
maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to
guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially
during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings,
Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast
on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce,
Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status,
genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis
under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Keywords: Marqeta, Oakland , Sr. SDET, Web Applications, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!