Nursing Adjunct Faculty (Oakland Campus)
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Samuel Merritt University School of Nursing has adjunct faculty
(Theory and Clinical) opportunities available at the Oakland
campus. These positions are ideal for working nurses who have
expertise in disciplines of medical surgical nursing, critical
care, pediatrics, maternity, community health or mental health
Adjunct faculty are responsible for creating a positive learning
environment for students in accordance with the educational
objectives of the course and implement the policies identified in
the course syllabus to ensure the successful achievement of course
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Creates a dynamic, learner centered environment that supports
the diverse learning needs of the student population and that is
based on educational theory, and evidence-based teaching
- Models reflective and critical thinking and serves as a coach
and mentor for students; confers with them on their progress and
assists them in the development of learning plans to facilitate
successful achievement of course objectives;
- (Theory) Meets with program faculty as needed to review the
course, student evaluations and recommendations for change.
(Clinical) Meets with faculty of the course prior to the first day
of clinical to review clinical and course requirements.
- (Theory) Completes an appropriate orientation. (Clinical)
Completes an appropriate clinical orientation to the site/s (if
necessary) where the faculty member will be overseeing students;
maintains and enhances competence in the clinical area of
- Plans learning experiences that are appropriate for the level
of the students.
- Reviews written assignments and provides appropriate, timely,
written feedback; documents student progress on appropriate forms
and if necessary, provides a learning plan for the attainment of
- Evaluates learner performance and provides ongoing feedback to
students on attainment of course objectives.
- (Theory) Apprises students of their progress in the course at
the mid-term point, as defined in the syllabus, and for those who
are not meeting expectations, establishes a mutual learning plan to
achieve stated goals. (Clinical) Completes a formal, written
midterm and final evaluation on a designated form for each
- (Theory) Submits grades to the Registrar by the appointed date
in the Academic Calendar. (Clinical) Submits the students' final
clinical evaluations for filing to the Program administrative
- (Theory) Notifies Program Director of at-risk students as soon
as identified and at least weekly thereafter. (Clinical) Notifies
Course Manager of at-risk students or unusual occurrences in the
clinical setting as soon as identified and at least weekly
- (Theory) Participates in program faculty meetings as needed.
(Clinical) Participates in faculty course meetings during the
Education and Experience:
- Masters in Nursing required
- Demonstrated current competence in theory or clinical area
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Past experience in theory or clinical teaching preferred
- Unencumbered RN license or license eligible in California
Please contact email@example.com for additional
information regarding adjunct opportunities.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity,
equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive
campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an
educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Keywords: Sutter Health, Oakland , Nursing Adjunct Faculty (Oakland Campus), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!