Vehicle Purchasing Agent
Company: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Vehicle Purchasing Agent (VPA) is responsible for providing
quality, efficient customer service regarding vehicle purchases and
related programs. VPA's are required to purchase vehicles, verify
the accuracy of documents and ensure all required forms are filled
out and signed correctly. Additionally, they may be responsible for
vehicle sales and ownership transfers.
- Verify ownership documents match VIN's on the physical vehicle
received and the documents comply with local, state and federal
- Schedule appointments with customer's and/or contract tow
vendors for vehicle pick ups.
- Purchase all vehicles delivered to the Store, in accordance
with local, state and federal laws, and company policy.
- Receive the vehicles delivered daily in the CFJC database via
the receiving handheld and/or manual entry.
- Issue payments for vehicles and tows while maintaining and
managing the daily check summary.
- Organize, maintain, and retain copies/files for routing sheets,
vehicle transfers, sales and purchases.
- Monitor and respond to incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Sort, process and ship documents as required.
- Produce the daily, weekly and monthly reports, as
- Complete any due diligence needed for vehicle purchasing's
weekly exception lists.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are
required regularly to perform customer care, production, and
environmental/safety responsibility functions.
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of the VPO facility by mopping,
sweeping, etc. as required.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
- Proficient in general computer skills such as data entry and
- Able to communicate with customers/vendors in a professional
and efficient manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use time wisely and prioritize multiple competing
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Ability to obtain and retain knowledge of company policies and
- Basic automotive knowledge/experience preferred, but not
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all
Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for
all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement.
This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or
ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status
under local, state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., Oakland , Vehicle Purchasing Agent, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!