Senior Accountant (Revenue)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Everlaw is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly
growing Accounting team. As a key member of the Accounting
department, you'll help develop and grow our revenue accounting
operations, and multiply the value generated from our financial
reporting function. You'll be primarily responsible for the
management of month-end close, streamlining our order to cash
process, and supporting other month-end close and equity management
initiatives. Reporting to our Accounting Manager, you'll have the
opportunity to use your technical accounting skills to help scale
an organization that is doing meaningful work in the industry,
valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating
truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we're
committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering
an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins
with managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place
that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to
learn, we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the
skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the
'perfect' candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can
bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland,
In the first few months, you will
- Develop our revenue accounting operations and ensure ASC 606
- Be responsible for monthly and annual close tasks, including
all revenue cycle accounts, equity, and other balance sheet
- Own initiatives to improve processes and optimize efficiencies
in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or
streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we
don't expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to
develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects
Going forward, you will
- Support annual and statutory financial statement audits.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to support overall
department goals and objectives and work closely with business
partners inside and outside of finance with regard to financial
results, special reporting requests and special projects.
- Own sales and use tax compliance reporting.
- Be responsible for implementing company-wide internal control
compliance, leading to improved processes and safeguarding company
- Develop financial analysis reports.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- You have at least four years of progressive experience in
private and/or public accounting.
- You have an active CPA license or actively working towards
- You are fluent in US GAAP Accounting with deep knowledge of
SAAS revenue accounting.
- You love learning new things and believe that anything can be
accomplished through dedication and hard work.
- You have a positive mindset and truly believe that obstacles
are simply opportunities in disguise.
- You excel at organizing information to put yourself in the best
position to weigh alternatives and choose the best course of action
to solve problems and improve processes.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- You have expert-level experience in Google Sheets and/or
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle,
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents
(including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental
health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest
Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift
through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and
investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the
haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space
typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming
at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's
working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of
terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and
hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases
If you're looking for an open, democratic company culture that
values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Senior Accountant (Revenue), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!