Riaz Capital is an Oakland, California based fully integrated
development, construction and property management company, focused
on addressing the changing housing needs of the millennial
generation. Our mission is that anyone who earns area median income
can afford a place they would love to call home by building
transit-oriented high-quality apartments at an affordable price
point for our residents.
Our vertically integrated development firm has operated in the
Bay Area since 1977, which has led to the development of market
knowledge, civic relationships, and a clear understanding of how to
build high quality housing efficiently. Today, the Riaz Capital
team manages over 1,300 units and has roughly 1,500 residences in
development or construction. Our team has grown to over 60 talented
professionals across core competencies in development,
construction, property management, finance & capital markets to
exercise control and speed of execution through every stage of the
Our core design is a 300 +/- square foot studio that
incorporates all of the necessary functions of a housing unit with
space to sleep, go to the bathroom, prepare food, entertain guests,
hangout, work and store belongings. We have begun the deployment of
these studios in three primary building types: Townhouses (3-story
walk up), Mid-Rise Apartments (5-stories with elevator) and
Hospitality Conversions (garden-style walk up). These studios are
the result of a years-long synthesis of our experience from
micro-units, student housing, traditional multi-family, and
co-living. Our studios foster total privacy and security, which
provides our residents with a sense of independence (and
individuality) all within the fabric of a larger community. Each of
our projects has an emphasis on architectural creativity,
walkability, interior landscaping and privacy.
Asset Management Associate
The Associate position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate
professional to obtain significant and varied functional experience
as a core member of a fast-growing real estate investment and
development company. This position is chiefly responsible for
managing the overall performance of a dynamic and rapidly-expanding
portfolio of stabilized, value-add, and development assets.
Primary job functions:
- Portfolio Operations:
- Oversee portfolio budgeting process
- Manage the overall financial/operational performance, growth
and stabilization of the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the project team to execute on the
construction portion of the business plan for acquired assets.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess property condition and
ensure. that property operations/projects are performing within set
budgets and schedule.
- Manage the investor and loan reporting processes, including
monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to investors on
- Manage insurance, lender and city compliance related
- Manage the rent increase process.
- Assist the acquisitions team with coordination throughout the
due diligence period of both acquisitions and dispositions on
request by senior management.
- Assist with compiling disclosures packages and support for
acquisitions and dispositions.
- Other misc. finance and asset management tasks as
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly
entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate
should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all
aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic
team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage
multiple priorities. Excellent written and verbal communication,
analytical, decision-making and project-management skills are
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Public
Accounting, or related field
- Debt financing, investor reporting, acquisitions / asset
management responsibilities a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Including Word, Excel and
- Team player who can prioritize varied tasks from different
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong desire for a career in Multi-family real estate
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and
values diversity in the workplace.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Oakland Office