Cost Estimator - Construction Services, Vice President
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cost Estimator - Construction Services, Vice President
- Requisition # 10042767-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Oakland, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 04/08/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Assist with the administration function of a regional
Construction Technical Services (CTS) office. In addition, this
position will independently prepare cost reviews and construction
inspection reports for proposed and existing real estate properties
of increasing complexity, e.g., site development, multi-family
residential, affordable housing, multi-building/multi-tenant
industrial and commercial and special purpose properties.
Additionally, reviews reports prepared by consultants, peers, and
- Responsible for the Construction Technical Services Regional
Office's performance of cost reviews and construction inspection
services for use by the Bank in support of real estate-related
- Responsible for the delivery of all the CTS due diligence
services in a cost effective and timely manner. Engages regional
consultant to perform construction inspection services as needed.
Reviews all reports prepared by the regional consultants. Reviews
submitted packages for completeness of information, e.g., plans,
specifications, engineering reports, cost breakdowns. Reviews field
inspection files for completeness, e.g., construction loan
agreements, control sheets, appraisal, cost breakdown, plans.
- Reviews construction plans, specifications, and related studies
and reports: To compile specific quantity take-off amounts; to
identify construction types and materials; and to ascertain
adequacy of design, function, and feasibility.
- Reviews reports prepared by consultants - e.g., Structural
Assessment, Property Condition, Cost Reviews, & Progress Payment
Inspections - for adherence to Construction Technical Services
scope of work and acceptability and analyze Report findings as to
their project impact.
- Maintains effective and open channels of communication with
various regional level Bank units that require construction
technical services. To include attendance at pre-appraisal and
pre-construction meetings with appraisers, account officers,
architects, engineers, contractors, etc. in order to establish a
clear understanding of proposed project, construction costs,
scheduling, and methods of payment.
- Prepares cost reviews and comparative cost analyses for
- Performs certification of progress payment/site observation
inspections for construction loans to ensure the completed
improvements are in accordance with the original intent of the
Construction Loan Agreement and plans reviewed by Construction
Technical Services to the work in-place.
- Review peer and junior level staffs cost reviews and inspection
reports, as necessary.
- Reviews local agency requirements as to development fees and
calculates fees for use in preparing cost reviews.
- Assists in the collection and maintenance of the necessary data
to the Section's cost database as well as the MIS concerning
services relating to the office.
- Maintains Current industry knowledge of construction costs,
trends, techniques, and property development types to ensure that
projects financed by the Bank are in conformance with current
- Trains junior level staff.
This position requires knowledge and understanding of the
- Principles of cost estimation and construction inspection.
- Basic geometry and algebra.
- Construction methods and techniques.
- The relationship between the cost estimation and construction
inspection processes and the appraisal and lending functions.
- Computer literacy in spreadsheet applications and
This position requires demonstrated experience in the
- Minimum of ten years experience in the construction industry,
with major emphasis in the areas of estimating, budget analysis,
and project monitoring.
- Minimum of five years in the real estate due diligence
- Minimum of two years construction industry
Other requirements include:
- Technical reading (to include construction plans and
- Good communication (oral and written) skills are required, as
is analytical ability.
- Demonstrated effective planning and organization skills are
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload variables is
- Ability to work with others is necessary.
- Ability to travel to construction job sites, other Bank offices
and consultants' offices. Out-of-state travel is occasionally
- BS Degree Engineering | Architecture | Construction Management
- desired but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Oakland , Cost Estimator - Construction Services, Vice President, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!