Senior Revenue Accountant - Pandora
Company: Sirius XM
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will primarily focus on processing
and recording the financial activity for all standard revenue
contracts that flows through Pandora's revenue recognition tool.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will work closely with Sales, AR, and
Business Development teams in reviewing activity of insertion
orders for the appropriate financial and revenue recognition
considerations. The Senior Revenue Accountant will also participate
in the financial statement close process as required by the Revenue
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the financial statement close process by
preparing journal entries, reconciliation, or other analysis as
- Process all Direct Insertion Order activity in the company's
revenue recognition system; RevPro.
- Review exceptions within the RevPro System and provide
- Reconcile Orders in the RevPro system to Order Management
- Partner with various departments to design system enhancements,
process change, and other improvements in order to achieve
scalability and to support new business initiatives.
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the
business or for new product lines, and keep management updates of
any new policies or projects.
- Help build processes, policies, and controls with the Billing
Team and Client Services to ensure accuracy of billing and
- Serve as primary contact in the Oakland Office for Client
Services and Sales for review and executions of certain client
- Participate in the deal review process from a finance
perspective for all contracts, reseller agreements, partnerships,
and any other revenue-generating events.
- Assist with special projects needed by management.
- Accounting or Finance Degree from 4-yeare college or
- 2+ years of comparable work experience, with public company
- Must have experience working with GAAP revenue recognition
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred
- Experience in digital or radio-based media highly valued
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with
staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to
prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a
- Masterful Excel skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of Alteryx is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of RevPro is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Tableau is a plus, but not required
More details about our company benefits can be found here!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work
environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and
cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM, Oakland , Senior Revenue Accountant - Pandora, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!