Technology Support Specialist (21-22)
Company: Lighthouse Community Charter School
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Lighthouse Community Public Schools
At Lighthouse Community Public Schools we are engaged in an
educational movement that goes beyond our classrooms working to
disrupt inequities by providing our students and families
exceptional educational opportunities every day. Grounded in our
core values of community, integrity, agency, love, and social
justice rooted in the Expeditionary Learning Education Model, LCPS
is a leader in fostering innovative schools achieving exceptional
student outcomes where each child is at the center of their own
learning. Our mission is to prepare diverse students for college, a
career of their choice, and to be lifelong changemakers. Founded in
2002, LCPS operates two high-achieving K-12 public charter
schools--Lighthouse and Lodestar--serving nearly 1,500 students in
East Oakland. Lighthouse is a beacon for public education and our
graduates fulfill the promise of a better, brighter Oakland. Learn
more at www.lighthousecharter.org.
Technology Support Specialist (21-22)
Competencies and Qualifications
Under the general supervision of the Director of Technology,
LCPS Technology Support Specialists provide technical support for
users of LCPS computer systems; assists sites with help desk
issues; interprets and explains software and hardware features for
users; performs a variety of duties related to the installation,
configuration, and maintenance of computers, mobile devices,
software, accessories, and peripherals. Technology Support
Specialists are expected to provide excellent communication and
customer service and to grow in their skills related to both
hardware and application support and project management processes.
All of this is in service of the school mission, ensuring that
every child achieves college and the career of his or her
- Mission and Core Values Focus: Inspired by our mission and
belief that all students can achieve, Tech Team Associates model
the LCPS' values of community, integrity, love, social justice, and
- Knowledge of & Ability to Troubleshoot Technology Hardware &
- Communication & Responsiveness: Excellent communication skills
both verbally and in writing. Tech Team consistently follows
through with superior service exhibited through interactions with
other Lighthouse community members and external vendors.
- Agency and Collaboration: Tech Team Associates innovate to
create new systems and prioritize work to optimize the
ever-changing needs of the organization in partnership with
stakeholders and site leaders.
- Organization and Attention to Detail: Tech Team Associates pay
attention to school needs and utilize their organizational skills
to make sure the team operates successfully as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting Services for Hardware &
- Provides technical support services for users of District
- Deploys, troubleshoots, and maintains computer hardware,
software, mobile devices, printers, accessories, and peripherals
while ensuring proper network connectivity.
- Performs a variety of duties in the setup, repair, and
maintenance of computers, laptops, tablets, accessories, and
peripherals including installation and configuration of operating
systems and software, basic hardware repairs and upgrades,
preventative maintenance, and installation of updates. Installs and
sets up technology in classrooms, offices, labs and carts in an
organized manner to ensure the safety of staff and students.
- Prioritizes, responds to, and resolves help desk issues.
Implementing Assessments, including back-end configuration and
occasional user support in classrooms.
- Communication, Project Management & Record Keeping:
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with site
staff to troubleshoot and resolve technology issues
- Communicates with various internal and external contacts
including vendors to exchange information, coordinate activities
and resolve issues or concerns.
- Researches and obtains price quotes from vendors as
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports,
including technical documentation, related to assigned activities;
updates inventory records as needed.
- Serves as a technical resource and provides training for LCPS
staff in the use of technology as needed.
Overtime grows in ability to facilitate meetings, manage
projects related to technology initiatives, and lead or participate
in cross-functional projects across teams.
- Systems & Network Management, Troubleshooting, Performance
Monitoring & Optimization:
- Maintains and tracks inventory of hardware and software
according to established procedures.
- Ensures optimum system performance by planning for replacements
or upgrades of equipment, determining specifications and
requirements, and recommending District standards for hardware and
- Troubleshoots network issues and assists with administering
local area networks.
- Installs, maintains and documents hardware, software and
- Assists with user account issues, including passwords,
permissions, and file access.
- Applies LCPS security policies to secure computers and the
network from viruses, malware, and intrusion.
- Assists with the installation of network equipment; maintains
network connections and other cabling as needed.
Provide assistance with LCPS technology initiatives as
- Skill & Knowledge Development & Training:
- Maintains strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in
various areas of hardware, software, and networking.
- Maintains current knowledge of operating systems and software;
maintains current understanding of LCPS network protocols.
Attends and participates in related meetings, trainings, and
professional development opportunities to grow skill, knowledge,
capacity including both technical and leadership and project
- Operates a variety of office and technology support equipment
including various hand tools, a computer, and assigned
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
This is a 12-month full-time non-exempt position. This role is
expected to maintain minimum building hours of M - F from 8:00 -
4:30 p.m., with occasional needs during weekends/evenings (e.g.,
Student Expos, Support for Community Events).
This role is a full-time, 12-month (233 day) salaried non-exempt
position. Exact placement on our salary schedules will depend on
level of experience, education, and expertise. Lighthouse offers
competitive wages; benefits include a comprehensive
employer-contributed retirement plan, medical and dental coverage,
generous time off, and professional development opportunities.
People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter describing your interest in this exciting position
and why you are an optimal fit
- 3 references with Name, Email, Phone Number and Title/nature of
Application submission screening and initial phone interviews
will be completed on a rolling basis until filled. In-person
interviews and performance tasks will take place on-site.
Lighthouse Community Public Schools is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversity at all levels.
Keywords: Lighthouse Community Charter School, Oakland , Technology Support Specialist (21-22), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!