Facility Attendant/Custodian (Part-time/Temporary)
Company: Central Carolina Community College
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative
lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find
ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students
a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to
recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with
empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Part-time position reports to the Lead Maintenance & Facilities
Set-Up Technician and Director of the Dennis A. Wicker Civic
Center. Attendants are responsible for the interior and exterior
housekeeping duties at Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, including but
not limited to floors, restrooms, windows, and furniture and
assisting other maintenance personnel as needed. Individual must be
a dependable, self-motivated and able to perform duties assigned
without direct supervision. Weekend and evening work is required to
assist with events.
The employees are subject to working in both inside and outside
environments and exposure to various hazards such as loud noises,
vibration, moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals
and human body fluids and thus is subject to OSHA requirements on
blood borne pathogens.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes
the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity;
therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the
student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote
awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the
college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with
This position is open until filled and may close without notice.
This posting may be used to fill multiple openings.
- Total building cleaning including, but not limited to:
- Restroom cleaning.
- Window washing.
- Stripping and waxing floors.
- Mopping, dusting and vacuuming.
- Empty trash cans daily.
- Mowing grass, weed eating and edging.
- Pruning/trimming hedges, bushes and general upkeep of shrubbery
and all landscaped areas.
- Keep parking areas looking neat, clean and free of glass
bottles, trash, etc. at all times.
- When required, removing of snow and ice from steps, sidewalks,
and entrance areas.
- Inventorying supplies.
- Performing required functions associated with the preparation
prior to events and the clean up after events.Trash removal from
building as well as any needing mopping.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the buildings lighting controls and
- Thoroughly clean administrative offices on a daily basis i.e.
vacuuming, emptying trashcans, and cleaning the bathrooms.
- Be responsible for securing the building after functions.Also
understand that from time to time event may run over on time
- Meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Director of DAW Civic
Center and/or Building Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one year experience that
produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed
- May require possession of a valid North Carolina driver's
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Training and/or experience in the operation of custodial
- Training and/or experience in the operation of landscaping
- Ability to learn the proper use of a walk behind floor
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision and work in
a team environment.
- Ability to follow precise instructions verbal and written.
- Ability to lift at least 75lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools i.e. hammer,
screwdrivers, pliers, drill, wrenches, etc.
- Experience working from a man lift overhead is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer/laptops and projectors.Also any audio or
video experience is a plus.
- A desire to learn and continue to learn new jobs as
- Ability to work with other team members to troubleshoot and
resolve any problems as needed.Also willingness to help other team
members as needed to speed up the clean us process.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Central Carolina Community College, Oakland , Facility Attendant/Custodian (Part-time/Temporary), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!