Company: AC Transit
Posted on: June 7, 2021
AC Transit is actively searching for qualified candidates for
the Payroll Specialist position. Under direction, performs the full
range of payroll preparation, processing, and confirmation
functions for the timely and accurate completion of payroll for
District employees; and may participate in special payroll or
accounting projects. This is the experienced level within the
Payroll Specialist series. There are three (3) levels within the
Payroll Specialist series, which are distinguished from one another
by the technical complexity of the assigned duties and the level of
discretion and independent judgment exercised.
Positions in the Payroll Specialist series are flexibly staffed
to meet the needs of the District. Positions at the experienced
level are normally filled by advancement from the entry-level and
promotion is subject to the following: (i) management affirmation
that the incumbent is performing the full range of duties assigned
and (ii) after gaining requisite experience and demonstrating
proficiency which meets the minimum qualifications of the next
- Audits employee time and labor based on data submitted by the
various District departments, Timekeepers, and clerical staff; and
interacts with Timekeepers as required to verify data and resolve
- Analyzes pay-line data, verifies accuracy, and makes
- Runs queries to validate data from the time and labor interface
(OTS), analyzes information, and updates databases and spreadsheets
- Calculates final paycheck amounts for retiring or terminating
employees; and processes monthly paychecks to retirees.
- Enters employees' exception time into appropriate databases,
confirms data, and distributes exception time forms to Timekeepers
and clerical staff.
- Analyzes data in order to determine retroactive pay
- Runs queries to confirm supplementary payments awarded to
employees eligible for special incentive programs.
- Enters wage levies and garnishment amounts into employee
- Processes accounts payable checks (PYAP) for payroll
deductions, child support, union dues, and garnishments.
- Responds to inquiries from employees regarding paycheck
amounts, deductions, leave accruals, direct deposit, and other
- May provide task-specific training to new and/or subordinate
staff at the direction of the Controller or CFO.
- Maintains and updates computer-based and paper files for
retention of payroll.
- May participate in ad-hoc or ongoing payroll or accounting
projects at the direction of the Payroll Administrator, Controller,
CFO or designee.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent to a high school diploma.
Experience: Equivalent to three (3) years of recent and
verifiable experience at the technical clerical level in a payroll
position and/or two (2) years of experience at a level equivalent
to the District's classification of Assistant Payroll
Keywords: AC Transit, Oakland , Payroll Specialist, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!