Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy
transition to decarbonize our economy?
Are you interested in managing relationships with some of the
largest solar and storage developers in North America?
DNV GL - Energy Services is seeking a Business Development
Manager - Solar Energy and Energy Storage to manage relationships
with developers of solar and energy storage project within North
America. The successful candidate will develop long-term
relationships with key decision-makers at key solar and storage
project developers, identify new business opportunities, facilitate
a variety of business development and sales efforts, and ensure
high customer satisfaction.
This position may be based out of our Oakland, CA; Katy
(Houston), TX; Austin, TX, Medford (Boston), MA; Arlington
(Washington DC), VA, Seattle, WA; Portland, Or; San Diego, CA;
other locations will be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Create and expand relationships with key decision-markers at
leading solar and storage project developers to develop an
understanding of the customer's needs and processes
- Communicate value propositions to the customer based on DNV GL
service offerings and capabilities
- With the support of our internal experts, strengthen
relationships with the customers and demonstrate our value
- Manage the opportunity pursuit for all offers to the targeted
- Support achievement of sales targets and customer relationship
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in business development or
account management for the solar or storage power industry
- Knowledge of the solar energy market along with a strong
network of solar project developers
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills needed
to develop long-term relationships, proposals, and
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with proven
experience working directly with senior staff and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Structured thinking and communication with ability to clearly
articulate and distil complex concepts for any audience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time within
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment.
By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make
a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a
congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an
exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global assurance company. Driven by our purpose of
safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our
customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their
business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals
are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas,
power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer,
smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration
for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender,
religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background,
social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental
to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!