Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most
successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the
nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually
every field of electrical construction - design/build services,
industrial and commercial developments as well as government,
institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix
Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain
vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with
general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We
have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer
relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge
Helix Electric has need for a dynamic Licensed Journeyman
Electrician. The successful electrician will be part of a
production driven team, performing electrical installations and
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance, and
testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
(Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations
that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power
threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related construction trade
will be considered highly desirable.
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule
and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location,
time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment
(hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime
as required and night shifts. Includes crawling, standing,
stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to
routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and
pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and
fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy
to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled
Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse
employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is
committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects
the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Helix Electric, Oakland , Journeyman electrician, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!