Construction Manager/Resident Engineer
Company: PGH Wong Engineering
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PGH Wong Engineering, Inc. has a proud and lengthy history of
delivering innovative, challenging, and complex projects. PGH Wong
was established in 1985 on its extraordinary foundation of systems
engineering and is now a full-service engineering, architectural,
construction management, and program/project management consulting
firm for public and private entities across the nation.
- Lead and manage the successful implementation of large-scale
rail transit construction projects with construction values in
excess of $1 billion.
- Lead teams of resident engineers, office engineers, inspectors,
schedulers, estimators and other construction management
- Work with the construction management team, client and
stakeholders to resolve major construction issues. Continually
review overall project risks and mitigation measures with the
project team in an effort to eliminate or minimize such risks.
- Lead the integration of separate construction projects,
including integration of contract schedule milestones as well as
the physical integration of civil works, facilities and system
- Direct claims management professionals in the evaluation and
responses to claims related issues.
- Develop monthly construction progress reports, providing
information on construction progress, schedule status, cost/budget
status, and quality assurance activities.
- Prepare and present on project issues, cost schedules, and
- Technical compliance and administration of construction
- Enforcing contract terms and conditions.
- Documentation of contractual actions.
- Interfaces with the owner, engineers, architects, and other
- Implementation of cost and schedule control procedures for
- Management of field staff, including inspectors and office
- Management of RFIs, submittals, and construction changes.
- Review of contractor payment requests.
- Resolution of construction disputes.
- Development of periodic reports providing information on
construction progress, schedule status, cost/budget status, and
quality assurance activities.
- Development of change orders and change notices, including
finding of facts and all supporting documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- Minimum of 15 Years' experience in the construction industry
working on complex rail transit projects.
- Experience managing a construction management team of 20 or
- Professional Engineering license is strongly desired.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent coordination, oral and written communications
- A desire to work within a collaborative environment.
- A desire to achieve excellence.
- A desire to grow within a dynamic organization.
- Experience with Design-Build project delivery, a plus.
- Understands the development of CPM Schedules from Baseline
Schedules to Monthly Updates.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with significant client
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race,
color, sex, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin,
political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability,
weight, height, or AIDS/HIV status.
Keywords: PGH Wong Engineering, Oakland , Construction Manager/Resident Engineer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!