Project Lead - Building and Construction
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing,
Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project
Lead to join our Building and Construction team. Ranked #15 on the
2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred
offices across North America, the building and construction team
provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C)
industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on
site. From testing, inspection and certification services to
building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality
Assurance to the built environment.
- Assist and perform inspection work at site
- Assist with field testing at site
- Prepare reports for inspection and testing work
- In-office drafting and design utilizing AutoCAD and Revit
software - preferred
- Create and maintain building construction documents
- Work with staff on major design, inspection or investigative
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Degree in a technical field desired, or equivalent related
experience Technical knowledge of building construction,
- Ability to prepare and modify CAD drawings as needed in a
timely and professional manner - preferred
- Ability to work closely with staff and clients to obtain
information or ensure drawing accuracy
- Ability to self-check own work for completeness and
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company
- Assist the local office, including areas outside of Building
- Good technical writing skills as well as consistent and
professional interaction and communication with clients and project
- Local and overnight travel as required for assigned projects
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to perform work from scaffolding, ladders, boom-lifts,
roof levels, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, crawl, reach overhead, push,
pull or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks and be
comfortable in both indoor office and outdoor construction
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate with
clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and
- Maintain positive and strong relationships with staff members
including those outside of Building Science Solutions.
- The ability to contribute positively to team morale.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and
- Knowledge and experience to the construction process
- The ability to quickly learn and enforce standardizations in
the construction realm
- Must have complete knowledge of all test equipment, test
methods, applicable specifications.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and
shop drawings associated with assigned projects.
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to
industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories
and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries,
delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and
Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply
chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered
consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our
customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Intertek, Oakland , Project Lead - Building and Construction, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!