Sr. Product Manager, Digital Banks
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row,
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps
and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform,
open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for
companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment
operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who
take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power
possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent
together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards
creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans
and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we
serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone
Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality
First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single
candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please
apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your
career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced Senior Product Manager
with a passion for customer needs, a desire to develop and launch
industry-leading visionary products, and an innate interest in
financial technology. The Digital Banking team is focused on making
banking services relatable, instant, and accessible for everyone.
This means allowing our customers to have access to modular banking
features, and flexible money movement options to power the future
of banking. Our modern platform and open API enables custom
configurations of digital banking features that deliver the speed
and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify
and scale in this dynamic sector.
In this role, you would own the product strategy and roadmap for
our Demand Deposit Accounts (DDA) and the customer experience
across our banking products and features. We will count on you to
take this product from MVP to MSP, improve upon the competition by
prioritizing differentiated, impactful account features and data
capabilities. You'll drive the PDLC and apply design principles to
iterate on our v1 solution, and deliver new feature sets that will
elevate Marqeta's BaaS offering. You'll work collaboratively with
Product Engineering to scale our infrastructure to grow with our
customers. Additionally, you'll build and iterate the UX/UI for our
customer-facing account management features on Marqeta Dashboard,
and design how new payment method and money movement use cases will
evolve the bank account management user flows.
- Develop and own a product roadmap that delivers strategic value
and positive outcomes for our customers and Marqeta.
- Be the subject matter expert for your functional area and the
- Partner closely with Product Design and Engineering, leading a
SCRUM team through the ideation, design, technical development, and
launch new account features.
- Define persona types for the Marqeta Dashboard platform,
discover user needs and pain points, and translate into detailed
and actionable user stories and product requirements for Design and
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards
success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative
objectives and quantitative goals.
- Collaborate with product operations, revenue teams, finance,
risk operations, settlements and engineering as inputs to assess
cross-partner value, the scope of effort, usability, and priority
of product features.
- Build and evangelize a shared vision by building consensus on
priorities leading impactful outcomes and maximizing growth.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent
experience successfully shipping or deploying digital banking
- You have a track record of shipping (success and failures,
alike) -- and have a history of driving customer and business
- You are a learner, scrappy, take full ownership and thrive in a
dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- A proven track record of delivering thoughtful customer
experiences via web and mobile platforms.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product
direction and execution based on user and customer needs.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out
and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined
direction, and leverage data to prove out concepts and test new
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new
technologies, API's, programming languages, and databases.
Bonus points for
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible DX
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Trained Design-Thinker and strategist
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings,
Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast
on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce,
Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status,
genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis
under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Keywords: Marqeta, Oakland , Sr. Product Manager, Digital Banks, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!