Company: Carpenter Funds Administrative Office of Northern
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As a member of the Carpenter Funds Administrative Office of
Northern California s (CFAO) Communications Team, the
Communications Specialist is responsible for providing support to
the CFAO s Communication Team in their effort to distribute clear,
consistent content to Plan Participants, Local Unions and
Contributing Employers. Working within the Communications Team, the
Communications Specialist will be asked to build and maintain a
comprehensive content calendar, and tracker, as well as assist in
strategic communication campaigns and initiatives.
- Intake and track all requests for updates to the CFAO s
website, intranet, social media and videos.
- Coordinate translation and publication of Trust Fund
Public Website and Participant Portal, carpenterfunds.com
- Update the website to ensure all mailings and important
information is published timely and as directed.
- Keep website content up-to-date by documenting recurring
updates and content that has an expiration.
- Submit and track support tickets submitted to the CFAO s
external site administrator, as needed.
- Assist with future initiatives to expand and improve both the
static site and Participant Portal.
- Create and maintain an image library.
- Create and execute mail merge templates, both direct mail and
email, using Microsoft Word, PlanetPress and/or Mailchimp for the
- Create digital files of communications to import to Participant
and Employer digital records.
- Update the CFAO intranet based on requests from department
Directors, Managers and Supervisors.
- Maintain slide content, and track all requests for updates to
the rotating display on the TV in the CFAO s lobby.
- Own the editing, approval and publishing process of updating
letter templates in our Vitech Benefits Administration System.
- Create and compose monthly articles on topics related to Plan
benefits for placement in the Carpenter Union's magazine.
- Organized, with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet
- Ability to build an extensive content calendar and tracker
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Self-motivated and attentive to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in communications at
an Account Executive level or above and/or project management or an
equivalent combination of technical training or related experience
- COVID-19 vaccinated preferred
Education: Associate s Degree in Communications or an equivalent
combination of training, education and experience.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic
requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete
list of responsibilities; additional duties may be assigned.
- Basic HTML and/or Silverstripe CMS knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite, including mail merge tools
- Strong writing skills
- Additional knowledge of the following is a plus:
Taft-Hartley Trust Funds
Vitech Benefits Administration System
Editing SharePoint sites
Adobe Creative Suite and basic graphic design concepts
Using and/or maintaining workflow tools, like Jira or
Proofreading and/or form design
Social Media, such as LinkedIn, Yelp, Google, YouTube and
The successful candidate with submit writing samples and/or
video/print content for which they were responsible for
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- At-Will Salaried Position: Compensation negotiable based upon
- Work Expectation: Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Benefits: Carpenters Health & Welfare, Carpenters Staff Pension
Plan, Carpenters Annuity, Carpenters Vacation, Holiday and Sick
Leave and other employer sponsored benefits
The CFAO is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We want to have the best available person in every job.
The CFAO is committed to complying with all applicable laws
providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless
of race, color, religion and religious creed (including religious
dress and grooming practices), sexual orientation, marital status,
age (40 years and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS, medical
condition, including cancer, genetic characteristics or
information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual orientation, and military and/or veteran
status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state
or local laws. This commitment applies to all persons involved in
the operations of the company and prohibits unlawful discrimination
by any employee of the CFAO, including supervisors and
Associated topics: blogging, communication, communication
specialist, content, headline, investigative, news, newspaper,
Keywords: Carpenter Funds Administrative Office of Northern , Oakland , Communications Specialist, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!