Registered Nurse - Hospice Case Manager
Company: Pathways Home Health & Hospice
Posted on: June 8, 2021
For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader,
and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, and Care
Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as
assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices
in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their
families know us for our personalized, high-quality care, delivered
with empathy, kindness, and respect.
Title: Registered Nurse - Hospice Case Manager
Office Location: Oakland
Patient Territory: A portion of Alameda County
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, one weekend per month.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Hospice Nurse admits patients to service,
assesses the patient's and family's physical, psychosocial,
environmental, safety and developmental needs. They develop an
individualized plan of care based on their assessment and document
their observations and interventions related to the patient's
environment. This role coordinates care with a multidisciplinary
team, participates in the hospice program's quality assessment
performance improvement program and conducts follow up visits as
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Performs an initial, comprehensive assessment.
- Documents observations, clinical findings, problems, skilled
interventions, goals and discharge plans
- In consultation with the assigned Clinical Team Manager,
initiates and regularly re-evaluates and revises plan of care.
- Assesses the need for the services of other team members (PT,
OT, ST, MSW and HHA).
- Provides and documents skilled care on all visits (includes
skilled observation of the patient's condition, skilled care and
procedures and teaching of the patient and/or family).
- Obtains and documents physician orders.
- Performs Home Health Aide supervisory visits per regulatory
- Coordinates care with the assigned Clinical Team Manager,
physician and other members of the home care team, informing them
of significant changes in the patient's condition and needs.
Documents these communications.
- Follows established standards for point of service technology,
documentation and synchronization.
- Submits weekly visit schedule of assigned patients.
Collaborates with Clinical Team Manager to address scheduling
- Performs re-certifications, resumption of care, transfers and
discharges as requested by the assigned Clinical Team Manager.
Completes and submits all related documentation.
- Attends and actively participates in the clinical team
multidisciplinary patient conference.
- Demonstrates established clinical competencies.
- Participates in agency sponsored in-service education.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Assists in development of agency protocols, procedures and
policies as requested.
- Assesses, develops, organizes and delivers teaching materials
for assigned home care patients as appropriate.
- Current California RN license
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience required
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current California driver's license and automobile
Keywords: Pathways Home Health & Hospice, Oakland , Registered Nurse - Hospice Case Manager, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!