Company: XQ Institute
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This is as a 2-4 month full-time contract role
with the possibility of full-time conversion. Candidates who can
work remotely from within the U.S. will be considered. Candidates
need to be available to work flexible hours generally aligned with
About XQ Institute
XQ Institute is the nation's leading organization
dedicated to rethinking the high school experience so that every
student graduates ready to succeed in life. We work in communities
throughout the country, with individual schools and entire school
systems, to help them dream big about what high school could be,
turn their innovative ideas into action, and create more rigorous
and equitable schools. We share what's working with other schools
and districts, so they can tailor new models to the needs of their
own students and communities. We know that seeing is believing, so
we meet people where they are to share the importance and
possibility of change through listening, learning, and
storytelling. And our open-source tools, based on research and
design thinking, empower people to take up the challenge of
transforming their high schools with a unifying goal: unlocking the
American promise of a high-quality education for everyone.
Reporting to XQ's Creative Director,
the Creative Producer will manage the end to end production of
print, digital, and video deliverables. The producer will be the
point person for XQ's small but growing in-house creative team and
responsible for the tracking and status reporting of all creative
deliverables and the day to day communication with internal and
external teams and partners. The ideal candidate will be a
self-motivated team-facilitator comfortable with quick iterations
and collaboration. The role will require fresh thinking and ideas,
and an ability to quickly and reliably bring those ideas to
fruition. We are seeking a hyper-organized producer to share their
talents to tackle important social issues regarding the future of
American High School.
- Work with the Creative Director and team to scope, plan, track,
and deliver creative projects across a spectrum that includes
print, digital, video, photography, live events and
- Coordinate briefings, reviews and approvals to ensure
deliverables are produced on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to develop clearly
defined product briefs & strategy roadmaps for distribution
throughout the organization.
- Identify and remove production blocks and or bottlenecks to
increase creative bandwidth.
- Lead project development of XQ archive architecture for media
releases and XQ creative materials and storage of creative assets
- Steward all legal and accounting to manage freelance and
creative agency procurement, contracts, and payment
- Experience effectively managing multiple cross-functional
technical development projects at the same time.
- Hyper-organized, with excellent written and verbal
communication skills with keen attention to detail with an ability
to multitask and execute quickly under pressure
Qualifications and Experience
- Support miscellaneous production requests and needs (ex:
staffing crew for an event, locating assets, print orders,
- 5+ years of experience, preferably at a creative/marketing
agency, as an account manager, creative producer, project manager
or video producer, business development ect.
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of
motivation to collaborate, learn and iterate.
- Excellent cross-functional communication and relationship
building skills- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
internally and externally.
- A compulsion to identify and resolve inefficiencies, and a
passion for building cohesive processes.
- Ability to quickly process and implement feedback, revisions
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Notion, Box,
Airtable, Google Suites
- This position used to require a fair amount of travel, and may
again when safety permits.
- Local to Oakland or the greater Bay Area. While this position
will start out location-flexible, you will eventually report to our
XQ Institute offers competitive benefits and salary
for this role.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. If
you are selected to interview, we will request a portfolio of your
work, demonstrating work artifacts across the entire design and
product development lifecycle and across multiple professional
XQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. At XQ, promoting,
celebrating, and supporting diversity is a core value. Individuals
are considered without regard to race, gender, age, sexual
orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status,
disability, marital status, or ancestry.
Keywords: XQ Institute, Oakland , Creative Producer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!