Company: Oakland Unified School District
Posted on: June 8, 2021
DUTIES : Instruct and coach students in the sport indicated.
Help arrange playing schedules. Perform/assist in all coaching
responsibilities associated with position.
QUALIFICATIONS: All Candidates must meet all of the
requirements listed below. Preference will be given to current
certificated employees of Oakland Unified School District who
possess a valid CA teaching credential.
- Candidate must possess both a current CPR and First Aid card OR
proof of completing a college-level course in the care/prevention
of athletic injuries OR possess a valid EMT I or II card. Candidate
must to able to retain medical certification throughout the
duration of the season of sporting event.
- Provide written evidence indicating knowledge of the coaching
theory and techniques in the sport. Evidence may be college course
work, prior-coaching experience in the sport, prior participation
in the sport at the high school level or inservice training
provided by a school district.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of the sport at the high
- Knowledge of adolescent psychology as it relates to sports
participation. College courses or prior active involvement with
youth in school/community sports program will fulfill this
- Knowledge, skill and ability sufficient to maintain high
standards of safety in all aspects of coaching at practices as well
- Demonstrated high ethical standards related to sportsmanship,
fair play and relationships with students.
- Recognition of the need to communicate with parent and
appropriate school staff members regarding problems or emergencies
which may arise during a sporting event.
- Knowledge of school policies and California Interscholastic
Federation (C.I.F.) policies related to athletics.
Overall Applicant Assessment:
Applicant must be able to meet the standards for the districts
athletic program as carried out at each site, including the ability
to instill teamwork, commitment and discipline as to players,
developing positive relations and support from parents and the
community and offering academic encouragement and support to
students. Previous successful experiences coaching the sport at the
level of the vacancy will be given additional weight in comparing
Keywords: Oakland Unified School District, Oakland , Athletic Coach, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!