Vice President, Quality
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Vice President of Quality is responsible for developing
strategic plans that focus on quality, safety, experience, and
accreditation compliance initiatives in collaboration with the
Chief Medical Officer (CMO), and administrative and clinical
leaders across Alameda Health System (AHS). The Vice President of
Quality reports directly to AHS's CMO to achieve network-wide
quality, safety, and patient experience goals. In addition, the
Vice President of Quality will be responsible for implementing and
maintaining quality and safety infrastructure for AHS.
The VP's scope of responsibility includes quality & outcomes,
infection control and prevention, regulatory and accreditation,
environmental health & safety, patient safety, quality analytics,
patient experience, and the simulation center. The VP of Quality
will have organizational responsibility to update and monitor
quality, safety, and experience metrics for the system, including
but not limited to publicly reported quality and safety data, as
well as best practice quality, safety, and experience goals for the
organization. The VP of Quality shall also have organizational
responsibility for the coordination for all aspects of regulatory
readiness related to licensure and accreditation, system-wide. The
VP of Quality will advise the clinical and operational leadership
on important quality initiatives, state and regulatory
requirements, and best practices related to quality, safety, and
experience, will co-chair or appoint a designee to co-chair the
quality committees of the medical staff, and prepare the safety,
regulatory, and balance scorecard reports to the board of
- Must establish credibility and trust with AHS clinical
leadership, administrative leadership, medical staff, and the
Board. Becomes recognized across the organization as a visionary
leader and strong advocate and sponsor for safety, patient
experience, and quality improvement across the care continuum.
Supports patient safety, patient experience, and quality as the top
priorities of AHS.
- Foster an environment that supports a Just Culture, in which
staff members feel safe to report errors and participate in the
analysis and mitigation of harm.
- Promote the principles of high reliability and a learning
organization to drive sustainable performance improvement.
- Maintain and disseminate current knowledge of The Joint
Commission and all other relevant regulatory and reporting
organizations' standards, accreditation and certification
- Lead and manage the oversight and preparedness of continuous
regulatory compliance and quality management for the system.
- Assists the medical staff, in updating internal quality and
- Partners with the system transformation leadership on process
redesign, performance improvement projects and clinical
standardization; provides leadership, coaching and support to
departmental to drive performance improvement in their areas.
- Interfaces with and oversees all correspondence with external
regulatory agencies related to organizational issues.
- Monitors organizational outcomes against external benchmarks,
evidence- based knowledge and industry best practice.
- Guides organizational and medical staff leadership and the
Board of Trustees in standards and methodologies to assure the
delivery of quality, safe patient-centered care.
- Monitors the effectiveness of information systems and data
management processes supporting the measurement and assessment of
major clinical quality & safety improvement activities and the
Quality Assurance & Per.
- Oversees activities to assure compliance with and maintenance
of operational readiness for Joint Commission and California
Department of Public Health Accreditation and Licensing.
- Oversees all correspondence with regulatory agencies, including
California Department of Public Health, Joint Commission, CMS, Cal
OSHA and other related agencies.
- Oversees all organizational activities related to patient
safety and culture of safety.
- Oversees all programs related to infection prevention &
- Oversees peer review, mitigation strategies for hospital
acquired conditions, prevention of hospital acquired infections,
systems learning from harm or near miss events.
- Continues to develop a culturally competent patient experience
program for a diverse, safety net patient population.
- Continues to build the clinical simulation program and
leverages the clinical simulation center to drive reliability in
quality, safety, and patient-centered care delivery.
- Oversees organizational risk management program to assure the
integration of risk management activities into organizational
performance improvement activities.
- Oversees the development and ongoing performance measurement,
assessment and improvement of patient care processes and supports
the Medical Staff and Board of Trustees in identifying process and
outcome indicators that effectively measure the quality of patient
care and service and reflect organizational performance.
- Oversees the development, data collection and reporting of
uniform and integrated.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Education: A clinical degree, or Masters' Degree in Business or
related health field with extensive experience in healthcare.
Minimum Experience: Three to five years' experience in a senior
management role in a hospital or major healthcare environment with
experiences in regulatory affairs & licensing, accreditation,
performance and quality improvement, risk management or patient
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Vice President, Quality, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!