Director Commercial Management, Northern California
Company: Treasurey Wine Estates
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's leading wine
companies. We know that it's the thinkers, makers, and doers who
have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being
recognized as the world's most admired premium wine company. We are
proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage,
rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe.
From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags' Leap, Beaulieu
Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards
and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating
memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the Role
TWE seeks an experienced Director, Commercial Management for the
Northern California territory. As a Director, Commercial
Management, you'll play a key role in enhancing sales by building
strategic, mutually beneficial ways of working between TWE and our
distributor partners by focusing on value and enabling alignment
- Build the annual market plan to deliver annual depletion,
distribution, and profit goals for the TWE portfolio.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate distributor performance against
TWE market budget/plan.
- Manage compliance of Strategic Account programs. Assist with
National Off & On Premise assigned HQ calls in Northern
- Work closely with distributor salespeople and management to
execute programs efficiently & effectively.
- Educate distributor sales personnel on the TWE Brand Portfolio
and brand standards.
- Use market data to identify market opportunities, share this
with distributor sales team.
- Undertake tastings and presentations to members of the trade
and consumers; attend special promotions, such as wine tasting
dinners, etc. Participate in "sales blitzes / crew drives" in
- Effective management and use of merchandising, POS, and
promotional materials and budgets.
We are searching for a dynamic, business savvy professional with
at least 5 years of successful experience in Sales and a passion
for the wine industry. Ideally, you come from the wine or alc bev
industry and have extensive experience in distributor management,
established relationships within the designated market, a positive
attitude, and a passion for all things team. Additional key
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related area or equivalent
- Three-tier management experience required.
- Knowledge of wine, wine terms, and growing techniques. Passion
for wine and the ability to continuously learn new wines and brands
and represent effectively to customers required.
- Significant travel within assigned territory required. Valid
driver's license required.
- Persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak
before large audiences both internally or externally,
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to
influence and motivate others to meet objectives under
- Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to develop customer /
distributor strategies, programs, and promotions based on
competitive data to meet overall company objectives while meeting
customer needs essential.
- Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project
management skills required, including the ability to manage
multiple competing priorities essential.
- Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a
strong work ethic.
What's in it for you
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of
- Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our
employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work
to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand,
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're
really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health,
wellbeing, and career
- "TWEforME Day" -an additional day of leave each year, for you
to do you!
- Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and
Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K
with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver
together -that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy
working together, like to have fun, and keep things down-to-earth.
We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations
to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude.
We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as
opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium
wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine
portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications,
so if you don't want to miss out, please apply today!
Keywords: Treasurey Wine Estates, Oakland , Director Commercial Management, Northern California, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!