Visual Designer, Senior
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Healthcare & Community Health Transformation (HCHT)
organization is seeking a UI/UX Designer, Senior - Design Studio to
support the delivery of multiple enterprise-wide solutions to
spread, scale, and sustain better health outcomes at the level of
the individual, the community, and the population as a whole.
As a UI/UX Designer, Senior - Design Studio, you will lead the User
Interface/User Experience Design activities for the Holistic &
Community Health (HCH) group. You will design and build prototype
user interfaces for pilot projects. You'll work with various pilot
leads and other members of the HCH group, as well as stakeholders
across the company to deliver solutions aligned to the Quadruple
Aim of healthcare.
* Support team members to architect a rich technology roadmap and
business process architecture for Health Reimagined.
* Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis to augment
Holistic & Community Health initiatives and move concepts from idea
* Interpret data and qualitative feedback to design key pathways
for the Holistic & Community Health initiatives to align with other
* Create user stories, personas, and storyboards.
* Determine information architecture and create sitemaps.
* Create prototypes and wireframes.
* Conduct usability testing.
* Ensure equity is at the forefront of all of Health Reimagined
* Embed policy and systems change into all design elements to
sustain the work.
* Elicit and/or generate requirements with/from cross-functional
Knowledge and Experience
* Strong creative and analytical skills required, including a
thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs
and translate them into digital experiences with attention to
* Able to function independently and produce results that meet
standards of quality, timeliness, and acceptability. Receives
minimal supervision and general direction.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability
to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives,
directors, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a virtual team
and adapt to a culture of learning and transformation.
* Ability to multi-task and contribute to a range of work across
* Experience scaling solutions from the pilot stage to widespread
* Understanding of interaction design principles.
* A user-centric mindset.
* Agile/scrum experience.
* Design thinking experience.
* Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and
PowerPoint in preparing and making presentations to various levels
* Knowledge of: Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator,
Zeplin, and/or OmniGraffle.
* Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and
minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience, Master's degree
* Healthcare technology experience is preferred.
* Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in
Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
* Requisition ID: 210018D
* Posting Date: Mar 25, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Visual Designer, Senior, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!