Principal HR Systems Analyst
Company: Matson Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Matson, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
symbol MATX. Founded in 1882, Matson is one of the leading U.S.
ocean shipping and logistics companies in the Pacific and provides
a vital lifeline to the remote economies of Hawaii, Alaska, Guam,
Micronesia and select South Pacific islands. It operates a premium,
expedited service from China to Southern California. Established in
1987, Matson subsidiary Matson Logistics extends the geographic
reach of Matson's transportation network throughout the continental
U.S with integrated, asset-light logistics services including rail
intermodal, highway brokerage and warehousing.
The Principal HR Systems Analyst provides human resources system
administration, including business process configuration, reporting
development, end user training, and data management. This position
works closely with internal HR, Payroll, and IT departments to
effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in creating and updating business process
configuration in all HR systems, primarily the Workday system.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reports for the
HR team. Participates in analyzing, testing, and adopting
functionality for system releases.
- Identifies, recommends, and assists in the implementation of
improvements to business and system processes.
- Works with HR team to obtain input for business requirements
and system solutions.
- Coordinates with IT on any changes to integration feeds as
- Supports major Workday releases, to include researching new
functionality and education the team on enhancements as
- Defines and creates test plans for unit and system
- Resolves issues and assists others with "how to" questions,
including the creation of training guides or other learning aids to
assist in the adoption of the Workday system.
- Logs support issues as they occur; analyzing patterns of errors
to determine if the issue is system-related or user-related and
determines what is needed to remediate. If necessary, retrains
employees/managers to utilize the system efficiently.
- Ensures data integrity in HR systems. Creates audit reports for
functional users to perform data entry audits.
- Solid knowledge of HR business processes and functions.
- Exposure to business analysis, design, configuration, and
testing. Implementation experience preferred.
- Advanced experience in developing and maintaining reports (both
simple and complex) for use by HR team.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required, with solid experience in
other Microsoft Office applications.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, analytical and time management
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills, with
ability to communicate clearly with both technical and functional
- Ability to identify solutions to problems, listen actively, and
exercise sound judgment.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business, HR, IT or related area.
- Requires one to two years of specific experience in Workday HCM
(Core HR). Experience in Advanced Compensation, Absence, Talent,
and Succession modules a plus.
- Four+ years of experience with HRIS systems with 2+ years of
specific functional configuration experience. Experience with ERP
systems a plus.
Keywords: Matson Inc, Oakland , Principal HR Systems Analyst, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!