Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Agility Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Full-time Physical Therapist Assistant
SOL- Oakland, CA
Alliance Physical Therapy is seeking a full-time PTA for our
busy physical therapy outpatient clinic. Alliance Physical Therapy
Partners is a national therapy provider, providing unmatched
treatment and care to patients across multiple service lines.
Alliance views every patient and employee interaction as an
opportunity to help that person reach their goals, and provides
world-class resources to assist all individuals in achieving those
goals. With a focus on personal and professional growth, Alliance
is seeking employees who have a vision for success.
The staff therapist assistant assumes the responsibility and
accountability for providing physical therapy modalities and
treatment procedures as determined by a treatment plan of care
established by a physical therapist and in accordance with
established facility and departmental policies and procedures while
maintaining the highest degree of quality care. The therapist
assistant works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in
maintaining standards of professional physical therapy practice and
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides patient/client care in accordance with established
practice standards and facility/departmental policies.
- Provides care per physician's orders and plan of care developed
by evaluating therapist.
- Takes measurements of patient/client status, within the limits
of his/her licensure and ability, as appropriate in providing care
and to assist in assessing the effectiveness of care.
- Maintains communication and collaboration with the evaluating
therapist, to promote maximum benefits from therapy. Summarizes
patient performance according to established goals.
- Implements education plan as outlined by the evaluating
therapist, determines additional educational needs of the
patient/client, family, caregiver or significant other as they
arise and in collaboration with the evaluating therapist provides
education to meet those needs.
- Follows plan for discharge and discusses with evaluating
therapist any additional discharge concerns which may arise.
Assists therapist in goal reassessment and discharge planning.
- Communicates with patient, family, caregivers, significant
other and other members of the healthcare team to promote maximum
benefit of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and correct application of
clinical techniques, procedures and programs for clinical setting
and patient/client populations served.
- Displays appropriate technical knowledge and application of
available modalities and other equipment.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for
patients/clients, visitors and staff.
- Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate
- Complies with appropriate and approved security and safety
- Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating,
organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement
- Distinguishes between low and high priority activities.
- Makes effective use of discretionary time.
- Meets established productivity standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant
- Licensed or eligible in the state of practice. Certification in
areas of practice.
- Clinical skills acquired through study and practice suitable
for the clinic setting.
- Highly developed communication and customer relations
Keywords: Agility Health, Oakland , Physical Therapist Assistant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!