*TITLE:* BCI Communications Intern
*INTERNSHIP LENGTH:* April 2021 - July 2021[ER1]
*PAY:* $30 per hour
* HOURS:* 20 Hours Per Week
* LOCATION:* Remote
Founded in 1991 by company president Joe Blackstone, Blackstone
Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is an international service provider
supporting nearly 6,000 managed employees. Their earliest
partnerships paired the company with the Department of Defense to
provide full food, mess attendant, and janitorial services. And
while those partnerships continue to this day, BCI's client base
has grown to include Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, schools,
universities, and industrial sites.
The foundation of BCI's success starts in their corporate office
where the executive team oversees the daily operations of all
corporate initiatives and field activities. BCI provides a variety
of opportunities for highly motivated and skilled individuals
committed to excellence in their work. The company is interested in
candidates who can appreciate BCI's values of honesty, respect,
integrity, teamwork, and achievement. Blackstone Consulting, Inc is
seeking a strategic, business-minded, innovative thinker to support
their communications program's improvement.
*ABOUT THE POSITION:*
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications and Change
Management, this position is an excellent opportunity for someone
looking to build their experience creating strategies,
communication tools, infrastructure, and processes.
The Communications Intern will assist BCI's communications
program efforts through project management support, content
creation, distribution list management, and communication platform
support to include development & maintenance.
*ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
The Communications Intern will:
* Support the development and implementation of an effective
"two-way" communications strategy across stakeholder groups,[ER2]
including support for the development of processes, internal
communications infrastructure, and engagement strategies to create
consistency within the communications program.
* Support the creation of the company's SharePoint Site content
and structure, and assist with its overall maintenance, such as
site permissions and content updates.
* Write, edit, and distribute creative and informative content,
such as benefit emails, and any marketing/informational materials
relevant to the different program's projects and priorities.
* Review and format teams' communications content to ensure
consistency in messaging and branding.
* Support the creation and maintenance of toolkits, processes,
and messaging for various audiences, including documents,
templates, presentations, job aids, etc.
* Collaborate and establish productive relationships with key
* Support the coordination of relevant meetings, including
materials, invites, and facilitation.
* Work with stakeholders to maintain communication distribution
lists and directories.
* May also support policy and procedure writing.
* Pursuing a Bachelor, MBA, or relevant master's degree
(undergraduates are welcome)
* Strong skills with MS Office applications required (Teams,
SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and
across diverse cultures
* Ability to research various sources for goods and services
* Ability to compare and organize information
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and transition between tasks
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
* Intrapreneurial spirt & excitement for building and creating
Internship established 03/25/2021
[ER1]I think September is too long for an internship - I think
you may want to make this through July or maybe August to make it
match with the school semesters.
[ER2]"it" doesn't make sense - grammar issue here