Distribution Manager (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are always accepting applications for our Distribution
Manager positions across the country. Apply today to be considered
during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Distribution Manager is responsible for managing a
fast-paced transportation and delivery department to deliver food
products for school meals. They manage our daily "service team" and
delivery drivers, who have daily interaction with our school
partners. They are also responsible for customer satisfaction,
route planning, timely deliveries, fleet management, re-therm,
staging, product quality, safety and compliance. The Distribution
Manager and the team of drivers are the "face" of Revolution Foods.
The operation is a fast-paced, food production/assembly environment
where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by
operational excellence. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs staff and has operational control over the Driving team
- Maintains the highest standards of quality, accuracy and
- Actively manages the planning, scheduling, and logistics
associated with making customer deliveries.
- Works with team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate
product counts, verification, deliveries, and excellent customer
- Assures that safety is the number one priority for all
personnel, above all other goals and objectives.
- Administers business procedures, protocol and procedures that
support the dispatch department related functions and support best
- Plans, directs and manages team members to meet business
objectives. Interviews, schedules, assigns work, reviews
performance, coordinates activities with other departments,
approves timekeeping and time off, and coaches and disciplines
staff. Responsible for professional development and team
- Ensures team follows SOP's, dress code requirements and daily
routines. Enforces and implements good operational procedures such
as daily check sheets, resulting in minimal vehicle or equipment
- Ensures full compliance to the fleet management program, team
member training, verifications, annual physical, drug tests,
- Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV
registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive
maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee
- Motivates the workers to achieve daily goals and bring the
company's values and management principles alive in the
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relations, acting
proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to
ever-changing business environments.
- Communicates goals for driving safety, work comp injury
prevention, and property damage prevention
- Monitors vehicle tracking software, give feedback to team
members abut results, deliver regular safety messages.
- Actively coaches, trains and develops team to build confidence,
implements process control methods, and delivers KPI results.
Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to
ensure a best in class
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using
recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules,
follow protocol and policies.
- Provides direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching
to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team
members to understand processes, methods, controls and
- Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates
assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the
root cause of poor performance. Implements corrective actions to
- Follows all health and safety standards, GMP's, food safety,
visual quality and PPE requirements. Sets priorities and gives
direction based upon the daily plan. Controls labor costs.
- Supports our Green Waste Program, ensuring waste products are
properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks that
may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents,
typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information
and KPI's, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying,
scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience actively managing a fleet with
daily routing within a multi-county demographic area.
- Logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or
- Related Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation,
Culinary Arts, food safety or management is preferred. OR,
equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and
compliance knowledge related to fleet management and employment
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working
under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A Metrics-driven mindset with analytical skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives thru others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members. Ability to
deliver tough messages and ways of working.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and
interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root
cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's
business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Oakland , Distribution Manager (Evergreen), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!