Sr Communication Consultant - Public Relations
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsible for providing complex communications consultation,
communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions
for large organization initiatives (targeting both internal and
external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation
goals. Serves as expert advisor on overall communications strategy
to leadership team of organization initiatives. Gives voice to the
KP story internally, develops positive relationships with
stakeholders, and protects and enhances the brand image and
reputation of the organization. Position will exercise judgment
within broadly defined policies in developing methods and
techniques for obtaining results.
- Developsand implements communications plansand tactics to fulfill
the strategicand operational goals and objectives of the overall
communications program, promote,and protect the organization-s
brandand reputation and Northern California strategy.
- Provides communications consulting to internal clients on
internal and external communications.
- Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or
advice on communications issues to providing customized
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researchesand
analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint
presentations, speeches,and talking points), plans logistics, and
manages overall coordination.
- Ensures content is consistent w/ the Kaiser Permanente brand in
terms of tone, manner,and messaging.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments in short time
framesand coordinates diverse projects and activities into a
cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquires the inputand resources of other communications staff in
the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication
plansand projects on behalf of clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the
organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance w/
negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications
programsand creates plans to improve results.
- May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of
implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs
within a given timeframe.
- Position may require travel throughout the Northern California
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in corporate communications
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism
or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in working effectively with senior
leaders and managers in large organizational and influencing their
approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated results in Project management, Consulting skills,
customer focus, Writing and editing skills, and Strategic
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- KP experience preferred.
- Experience in planning and implementing complex communications
plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and
health care background with in the past three (3) years.
- Research and measurement experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing and executing strategic paid and owned
social media plans to promote organizational initiatives.
- Understanding of public relations data and ability to analyze and
-Experience cultivating internal and external sources to identify
content used to promote the organization's reputation.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Oakland , Sr Communication Consultant - Public Relations, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!