Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science
Company: Sirius XM
Posted on: June 8, 2021
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
In this role you'll be working on a team designing, building,
and testing the next innovations that will delight millions of
listeners. You will have access to billions of hours of music
listening history across hundreds of millions of listeners who have
provided a hundred billion thumbs on their stations and playlists.
And truly unique to SiriusXM + Pandora, you'll be working with
extremely rich and diverse interlinked music metadata, including
annotations of our expert musicologists with the Music Genome
Project's 450+ musical characteristics. With these resources at
your fingertips, we want your help to make sure we always pick that
perfect next song for our listeners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and A/B-test improvements and innovations to
SiriusXM + Pandora's algorithmic radio, playlist, and
- Improve upon SiriusXM + Pandora's content understanding
capabilities through audio and metadata analysis.
- Partner closely with product, analytics, and engineering
- Masters Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics,
Physics, Math, etc.)
- PhD Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics,
Physics, Math, etc.) or 2+ years industry experience working as a
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience designing and building machine learning systems or
recommender systems or music information retrieval systems.
- Solid understanding of A/B testing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
- Proficiency with Python, Scala, or Java.
- Experience with SQL (or equivalent).
- Experience with distributed computed systems (e.g., Spark,
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g.,
scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc.).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work
environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and
cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM, Oakland , Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!