Retail Wine & Spirits Merchandiser
Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" four years in
a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest
family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are
committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a
culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the
team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Think you need to be a wine expert to work for Gallo? You don't.
As a Wine Merchandiser, we give you open access to award-winning
training. So if you're looking to break into the wine & spirits
industry, this opportunity offers great exposure, ensuring you'll
have a successful career. You'll have the chance to meet and
interact with people from all walks of life, working to build
lasting relationships. Discounts on wine, full-time benefits, and
weekends and nights off, are also a huge plus.
What You'll Do:
- Call on liquor stores and some grocery stores
- Be a detective, identifying opportunities and locations to
cross-merchandise in accounts, outside of the liquor department for
- Partner with the Sales Representative to merchandise Gallo
products to stimulate impulse purchases using eye-catching display
pieces (wine barrels, etc.) across the store
- Maintain shelves and cold boxes up to standards
- Ensure inventory levels are sustained, by staying in constant
contact with Retailers and Sales Representatives on status of Gallo
- Maintain positive brand image throughout each account ensuring
cleanliness and proper facing of products
- Assist with special projects such as store resets, remodels,
What we are looking for:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to
obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's
license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to lift and move 45-57 pound cases of product.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
What will set you apart:
- Skilled merchandising techniques
- Experience working in a retail sales environment or alcoholic
- Good communication, problem solving, and time management
Gallo does not sponsor for employment-based visas for this
position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Oakland , Retail Wine & Spirits Merchandiser, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!