Support Counselor - Kaiser Wrap
Company: Seneca Center
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Support Counselor in Wraparound services works on a
multi-disciplinary team and provides behaviorally focused mental
health services to children and families referred through our
Kaiser Wrap Program. These services, which are child and family
focused and strength based, are provided in the office and
community, including, but not limited to schools, hospitals, and
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing
traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding
mental health, community based, and educational services. We are
committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages
people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in
conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in
order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we
- Provide behavioral coaching, counseling, skill building, case
management, and crisis intervention services to clients and
- Contribute to the development of treatment plans by working
with clients to identify the function of their behavior/symptoms
and effective replacement behaviors.
- Implement behavioral interventions to clients and
- Provide on-call coverage to the program as scheduled.
- Participate in all program staff meetings, and other treatment
meetings when necessary.
- Complete mental health notes, functional behavioral analyses,
treatment plans, and other paperwork as indicated.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Lead Clinician
and/or Program Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately
representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and verbal skills, including solid computer
skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to
effectively manage multiple tasks
- Experience providing strong behavioral interventions with youth
(preferably within a community based setting)
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
- Valid California Driver's License and insurability by Seneca's
automobile insurance carrier
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and
any other mandatory state/federal
- Full time
- Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some
evenings and weekend hours as needed.
- Participate in On-Call Crisis Response on a rotating
- Starting at $20.25 per hour.
- 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a
generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Center, Oakland , Support Counselor - Kaiser Wrap, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!