Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Company: Sirius XM
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a full stack software engineer on the advertising services
team at Pandora, you'll have the opportunity to help build critical
components at the foundation of our $1b+ ads business. You will
collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across product and
engineering to design and implement new ad products and features
that support a rapidly growing list of publisher partners while we
continue to aggressively expand the platform for our 200M+
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write maintainable, self-documenting code, perform code reviews
and participate in design discussions
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to refine requirements,
build and own the eventual, well-designed solution
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities
to improve engineering productivity and best practices
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering or
related technical field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a proven track
record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to
prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a
- Extensive experience with object oriented design, best
practices, testing patterns, and programming languages (Python,
- Strong experience with relational databases (PostgresSQL/MySQL)
and in-memory data stores (Redis/Memcache)
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and communicate
across organizational boundaries
- Nice to have - experience with stream processing
(Kafka/PubSub), microservice technologies (Docker/Kubernetes),
CI/CD tools (Jenkins), cloud platforms (GCP/AWS)
More details about our company benefits can be found here!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work
environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and
cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM, Oakland , Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!