Director of Analytics
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Director of Analytics
will manage a team of Data Analysts. You will understand the unique
needs of each area and build a collaborative, world class data
driven organization. As the leader of the Analytics team at
Everlaw, the vision you provide directly impacts the roadmap for
data analytics and insights across the company. You will be
equipping stakeholders with clean data and better understanding of
their data. Your team will help identify trends and will provide
insights that help grow the business. You will be critical to
designing and implementing best practices for metrics, reporting,
and data at Everlaw.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating
truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and were
committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering
an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins
with managers regarding career goals. If youre looking for a place
that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to
learn, wed love to hear from you! Think youre missing some of the
skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the perfect
candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring
value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in
In your first few months you will
- Understand the data analytics needs of the company
through the eyes of various stakeholders at Everlaw.
- Implement tools and processes to enhance the Everlaw data
experience across many teams.
- Work closely with sister teams including Go-To-Market
teams, Security and Compliance teams, including the Privacy team,
and DevOps engineering to execute against your work streams.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
products, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that
you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team,
but we dont expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have
time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all
aspects of Everlaw.
In your first year you will
- Partner closely with go-to-market teams to identify the
roadmap for your team and drive them forward.
- Work closely with Security, Privacy and Compliance teams
to maintain and/or raise standards of data governance and data
- Lead a team of data analysts to define and measure key
metrics for our products and systems, apply statistical methods
to inform business decisions.
- Partner with data engineering efforts to implement the
next version of our data infrastructure.
- Promote data-driven decision making for internal teams
- Recruit, coach, and develop your team of Data Analysts.
Foster an environment of learning and growth across your team, but
also the community of Business Analysts within the company.
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift
through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and
investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the
haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space
typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming
at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's
working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of
terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and
hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases
- You have experience leading Data Analyst teams. You have
at least 2 years (ideally more) of management experience having
managed a team of Data Analysts.
- You have a background in Statistics and Analytics. You
have at least 5 years of experience as an analyst or a Data
Scientist with an educational grounding in a quantitative field
(eg: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
- You have experience working with a scientific computing
language, preferably Python and SQL.
- You have a track record of informing business decisions and
steering growth with data. You have experience defining and
tracking key metrics and using applied mathematical techniques to
distill insights and inform business decisions.
- You have the drive and know-how in building a data warehouse
and visualization tools for stakeholders. You have either
helped design a data warehouse or led a team that has developed a
data warehouse. You have experience putting in place practices that
handle data in compliance with industry leading privacy and
- You motivate, rather than command. You have strong
in-bound listening skills and strong outbound communication skills,
both verbal and written. You have a strong history and interest in
serving your reports and multiplying their effect.
- You are eager to build. You scale processes and your
team to meet the needs of the company and support its growth with
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please
note that currently, Everlaw is not sponsoring employment
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents
(including adoptive and foster)
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental
health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsoredlife and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development
If youre looking for an open, democratic company culture that
values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act .
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Director of Analytics, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!