Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
Atieva, the technology arm of Lucid, developed the Battery
System used by all teams in the Formula E Championship since Season
5. As Atieva continues its involvement in Motorsport with new
products, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced
Electric Powertrain Systems & Controls Engineer to join the team.
The candidate must be an experienced professional with a strong
understanding of electric motors, inverters, and the integration of
these components into motorsport applications. The successful
candidate will work with engineering teams at Lucid and our
customers to ensure success of our products in motorsport
- Develop and validate motorsport application specific control
algorithms for electric powertrains
- Process, monitor, analyze powertrain data to optimize
performance and to diagnose issues
- Work with multiple teams to develop and validate robust
electrical and thermal performance models of electric vehicle
- 10+ years of experience in motorsports systems and/or controls
- Proven excellence in providing motorsport customers with
integration and application support
- Expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and model-in-the-loop
- Experience with multiphysics based modeling of electric
- Data processing and analysis to monitor health and to prevent
and diagnose issues across fleet
- Fundamental knowledge of high-performance electrical motors and
- Strong fundamentals in electrical circuits, thermodynamics, and
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of
- BS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics (MS preferred)
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.