Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Scientist with
practical experience in EV batteries and passion to advance battery
cell technology. This position requires strong scientific
background in electrochemistry, cell materials, or cell mechanical
structure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will
be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields,
to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in batteries
- Lead and support co-development of Lithium-ion cell
- Work internally and with external cell suppliers to advance
battery cell chemistry, materials, and cell structure for superior
battery performance, energy density, safety, and life
- Focus on lithium-ion battery materials development and
characterization including cathode, anode, separator and
- Conduct applied research in the field of batteries with focus
on lithium-ion batteries
- Drive anode and cathode materials innovation
- Push the boundaries and work on cell chemistries with
exceptional specific energy density
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of different
- Investigate and report the trends of energy storages devices
and batteries in particular
- Be part of a team that shapes the battery cell strategy for
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of battery and play a
direct leading role in designing and running experiments as well as
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamentals of
- Experience in battery cell attributes, particularly energy
density, performance, safety, life, fast charging, and cost
- Experience in battery material development, cell design, and
cell manufacturing processes
- A proven track record of technical excellence in
- A strong desire to create next generation technology as an
integral part of a very capable team
- Experience in innovation by using science, appropriate analysis
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
- A strong desire to create the very best product
- Additional fields of experience (thermals, structural
statics/dynamics, and material science).
- Experience of battery electric vehicles.
- PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science or
related field preferred or MS with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
in battery research
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.